Chapter Twenty-Three

Constant tapping on Louis' shoulder wakes him up, he sits up, startled as looks at his surroundings.

The staff bedroom, of course... That must means it's time for his shift, he sighs sadly and looks at Eleanor, chuckling.

"Morning already? That went so fast! I need more sleep, ugh!" he chuckles and begins to make his way out of the bed.

He notices how silent and still Eleanor is and chuckles once again. "What's wrong? Hard night?"

"Lou," she swallows thickly, eyes glassing over. "Something has happened. I need you to try to stay calm, okay?"

Louis' breathing becomes heavier and he glares at Eleanor. "I don't want to know, El. I'm going to see if Harry is awake."

"Louis please!" She grabs onto his hands and makes him face her.

Louis is already tearing up, his throat feeling likes it's been stabbed. "Don't do this, El. Don't say what I think you are about to... I-I can't handle it."

"Louis," her bottom lip wobbles, as she watches Louis begin to breakdown in front of her. "He stopped breathing. They're still working on him, but... It's not looking good. I'm so sorry."

"Why?" Louis whines. "Why are you lying to me? You have it mixed up!" he takes in a few sharp breaths, struggling to release them once he does so. "He was fine when I left him! I can't believe you'd do this."

Louis rushes out the room and down the corridor, picking up his walking pace as he sobs to himself. He can hear it, the heart rate monitors continuous beep.

"No!" he yells out, heads turning towards him, people can look all they want. His heart is too shattered to care. "Harry!" he whimpers, finally making it to the boys door.