Chapter Twenty-Four

Harry died that night.

The cancer won. He passed away scared and alone, mind flashing to one person in particular... He wanted to yell for him, tell him he loved him one last time, but his body was too weak and his mind became too foggy.

"No!" Louis screams, running into Harry's room, just as the doctor turned off the heart rate machine.

"Louis, I know he was your friend..." The doctor begins softly, stepping towards the boy.

Louis sobs into his hand, shaking his head erratically. "He was getting better! He is fine!" He motions to Harry.

Louis rushes over to Harry's limp body and begins to give him CPR. "You didn't do it long enough!" Louis cries, pressing his mouth to Harry's to blow air into him. "You are a fucking shit doctor!"

"Louis, don't speak like that. You know I did everything I could..."

"That's not good enough!" Louis hyperventalates, laying his body over Harry. He sobs onto the boys shirt, gripping at it. "Come on Hazzy, wake up b-baby. I need you. You cant leave me... We didn't build the snowman, y-you wanted to build one, remember?!"

"I'll give you a minute..." James says sadly, watching the scene unravel before him. "I'm so very sorry, Louis."

Louis lifts Harry up a bit and moves positions so he is sitting on the bed, Harry in his arms. "We would have built the best snowman ever," he whimpers. "A green beanie and blue scarf... And we would have named him Larry, yeah? Just like you wanted... Our names together. Wake up please, please. You can't go."

Louis cries onto the boy, holding his cold body as tightly as possible. "I love you so much Harry... I'm sorry I wasn't here. I shouldn't have fallen asleep. You were alone." Louis begins to cough violently.

"Please... Don't leave me."