Part 84 Here Comes The Lord

"Sybil!" - you yelled at her "You must get out of here before he catches you!"

"I want to set you free" - she replied in a weak voice, as if almost whimpering

"He'll be back soon, I know what he wants and you will not die for it"

"B-but"

"Just leave, I'll be fine" - you gave her a warm smile, the warmest yet fakest one you could let out

She naively took your confidence. However, within, she was unsure whether to trust your words. Even though in doubt, she rushed out of the cell, leaving you completely alone.

Left in the chamber, you deeply inhaled. The bitterness of the news suddenly clouded your mind, forming a heavy storm of sour thoughts inside your head. You clenched your fists as the  chains wrapped around your wrists tightened; and just yelled, letting it all out through your voice. Harsh thoughts traveled through your brain and escaped through your mouth in one, continues, loud sound. A scream of miserable wrath.

This whole mission had not been going well. At this moment the mission no longer even existed. You were there to survive and change things that you could change.

When you were so far gone... would you give up now. Go for a simple life, maybe among the muggles? Such head aching thoughts sent strong signals through your brain that you could even start hearing ringing in your ears. 

At such a time when everything's gone wrong it was hard to go on.

You were isolated with the overflowing sound of your own agony inside your own mind like a mental prisoner.

---

Outside Mortier's hideout - a stone mansion that was hidden from muggles which hid its own dungeons, Mortier's followers were patrolling the area for the chilling night

Cold weather, it was dead quiet. Nothing felt alive except for the gently breezing wind that formed an uncanny ambiance. It's as if it was too silent, too peaceful.

The ears of the patrolling wizards strained as they tried to listen to what their eyes couldn't capture. Their senses rose, strands of hair lifting on their arms.

When a quick flash of green lightning suddenly darted once at the top of the sky. A huge pile of grey clouds and eerie mist embraced the objects and bodies down below. The illuminating stars were suddenly concealed as the whole yard grew darker than before.  Such a strange, unexplainable turn of weather captivated everyone's attention.

And suddenly another bright green beam followed that evolved into something more than a simple light - a mark appeared at the top of the sky. His mark.

 His mark