(Long Time Lover)Peter Maximoff

Yup! I haven't been into the X-men recently so this one might suck butt. I literally say that about every one-shot I make now but OH WELL :) Alsoooo let me know if you want me to make more preferences?? Or add songs to some one-shots?

Warnings- None

Type- Fluff 

      I knew it was wrong. To be jealous of someone that I wasn't with. I have had a big crush on my best friend Peter for the longest time now. We would always play Pacman together and listen to Pink Floyd in our rooms at the school.  I have always been close to him. As soon as I came to the school he walked up to me and started making conversation. 

I sat under a tree in the schoolyard watching Peter and Jubilee giggle and blush with each other. I almost started crying the more I watched them.  I continued to sit there and draw and write in my sketchbook. My knees were held up to my chest and the wind was making me shiver. 

I look back over at the two of them and they were sitting even closer than they were before. My blood started to boil.

I got up and stormed off back into the school. I had just gotten in the door when I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turn around to see Peter standing there with his hair a mess.

"You okay?" he asked. I looked back at where him and Jubilee were sitting. She was now giggling with Jean. They looked over our way. I clenched my book and ran off leaving Peter there by himself. 

I went to my room and slammed the door making the walls shake. I threw my things on my desk and fell onto my bed. 

Tears rolled down my face as I laid on my pillow. I tried to shut my eyes and forget about what I saw. They are friends too, maybe they were just looking at something... no. He was flirting. No doubt.

Eventually, I got lost in my thoughts and ended up falling asleep. 

I woke up to someone calling me. It was Scott. I groggily picked up the phone and answered it.

"Yeah?" I asked still tired and sad.

"Hey (y/n). You doing okay?" he asked sympathetically. 

"Yea, I'm great. Why do you ask?" I said sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Peter told me that he saw you running out of the courtyard and into the school. He said you were crying and stuff so I was just checking up on you... Do you want me to go see you?" he asked.

"Sure if you want. I trust you," I said sighing and thinking about how I just ignored Peter like that.

"Okay, I'll be there in a bit," he said before hanging up.

I yawned and picked up a few things around my room. Before I knew it, Scott was knocking on my door.

"Come in Scott," I said flopping down on my bed and hugging one of my pillows.

He slowly opened the door and walked in, shutting the door behind him.

"Here," I said moving some pillows and stuffed animals out of the way then patting a spot on my bed. He sat down and smiled at me.

"So what's up?" he asked looking around my room. 

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath before telling him how I felt about Peter.

"Then, I saw him and Jubilee giggling and flirting with each other and that just got me upset. I know it shouldn't because he isn't mine. I just did. It hurts to see him go out with other girls and flirt with them." I said on the verge of tears again.

Scott rubbed my hand and smiled at me.

"It's okay (y/n), if I'm being honest, you and Peter get along so well I think you both would make such a good couple. And I know for a fact that he values your relationship more than any other person out there. I promise." he said squeezing my hand. 

I shut my eyes again to hold back tears. 

"So what do I do? I can't just tell him I love him more than a friend. That's insane and will ruin anything we have right now. So what?" I said clenching my jaw.

Scott sighed.

"Look. The only thing you CAN do right now is calm down. You are stressing way too much about this. When your calm I honestly think you should talk to him about why your feeling this way and why you ran out like that and didn't stop to answer him." he said.

I opened my eyes and wiped away the falling tears.

"I can try, I don't know how good that will go," I said sighing.

"Trust me," Scott said getting up and kissing the top of my head before leaving my room.

I sat back and thought. 

Was I overreacting? What was wrong with me? He's just a boy! Why am I getting so upset about this...

I picked up my phone and texted Peter to meet me outside under the canopy. It was getting dark so not a lot of people would be out there which is good because if this goes terribly wrong, no one will know about it but me and him. 

I walk out to the canopy and stood there waiting for him to show up. In a matter of seconds, Peter was right beside me.

"Hey..." he said softly. He looked sad.

What did I do? I was hoping that I hadn't made him sad the whole day.

"Hey Peter," I said hugging him.

He hugged me back tightly not letting go. The tears came back to my eyes. Stinging and wanting to fall.

"What's wrong?" he whispered in my eyes not letting me go still.

I took a long shaky breath and shut my eyes.

"When I saw you flirting with Jubilee I got upset... I just don't want to be replaced." as I spoke he started swaying with me in his arms.

"Noooo, (y/n). I wasn't flirting with her first of all, and second I would NEVER EVEN THINK about replacing you!" he gripped me tighter.

"Peter..."

"Yes (y/n)..."

"I love you." 

He stopped swaying. My heart was pounding right out of my chest. He pulled back and looked down at me keeping his arms around my waist.

"I love you too idiot," he said smiling and staring at me. His eyes were filled with tears and lust.

I looked down at his lips and back up to his eyes. He started to lean in and press his lips onto mine. 

I clenched onto his shirt and he deepened the kiss. 

Eventually, we had to pull away for air. He stared at me and smiled.

"I was telling Jubilee about how much I liked you," he said softly.

"Oh my God..."I said shutting my eyes and holding my head.

"I really am an idiot."