Chapter 10

Adalee's POV

Victoria drags me into what seems to be her room, which has gray walls and a red and gold silk bedsheet.

She sits me on the bed and walks into a large walk-in closet. She comes back out with a set of clothes and a towel and washcloth.

Handing them to me, she leads me to the bathroom so I can shower. She leaves with a smile, winking at me before closing the door.

I roll my eyes and proceed to get undressed. Hopping into the shower once it's warm enough, I stand under the water and just think.

So much has happened in such a small amount of time. What was I thinking of coming with her? She could be anyone. She could be a killer. What was I thinking?

I start to hyperventilate, barely feeling the water falling on my head and down my body.

Not being able to breathe, I gasp for any air I can get. I distantly hear a hard banging on the door, then someone yelling, "I'm coming in."

Falling to my knees, I cover my head with my hands, getting into a small ball. Feeling safer in this position, I sit there and continue to hyperventilate.

The shower door opens and I'm soon pressed against a warm body. I cling tightly to this person, sobbing uncontrollably. I'm so stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I repeat this out loud, "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Hitting myself in the head repeatedly with each word, I close my eyes tight shut as I pound my hand into my head.

Someone takes my hands into their chest, holding me to them fully. I can't control myself, continuing to break down.

I manage to calm down enough to hear, "Shh, you're okay." A soothing voice fills my ears, calming me down further. Tingles erupt from where I'm being held, making me focus on them.

Looking up, I come face to face with Victoria. She looks into my eyes, hers are sea green. I get lost in them, her eyes looking like the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Getting knocked out of my trance, I look down at myself still completely naked. I gasp, looking at Victoria, "I'm naked."

Victoria just smirks, "I know. Don't worry, I didn't look."

"Thank you for helping me, but please walk out with your eyes closed," I practically plead.

"Whatever you say, my love." With that, she closes her eyes, gets up, and walks out. I smile at that, her following my orders.

I get up, take a deep breath, and finish my shower. I use the shampoo and conditioner that is in there, now smelling like Victoria.

Using the body wash, I rinse off and get out. Getting dressed in the clothes Victoria provided, I walk out into the bedroom, very embarrassed.

I walk to the bed, looking at the ground. It's probably past 4 a.m., being past my bedtime.

Victoria gets out of bed and walks over to me. She raises my face with her hand and looks me in the eyes. I almost get lost in her eyes again, but snap myself out of it before I can.

"Don't be embarrassed, my love. You needed help so I helped you. That's all that happened. The important question is, are you feeling better?" She asks with concern clear in her voice.

All I do is nod, not feeling like talking to her. That was so embarrassing.

She grabs the sides of my face, and says, "You can be safe with me. No one will hurt you here." Looking into her eyes, I can tell she is telling the truth.

That makes me feel better as I climb into her large bed. She climbs in right behind me and drapes an arm over my waist. At first, I tense at the unknown feeling but eventually relax into her touch.

I fall asleep feeling the safest I've ever felt.