Chapter 15

Molly was sat in between Jotaro and Kakyoin in the black SUV, a lot had happened in the past few days. The fight between Avdol and Polnareff, their run in with Hol Horse and Centerfold and ultimately Avdols too early demise. Not to mention Hol Horses girlfriend Nena who also turned out to be a stand user.

Molly replayed the events in her mind, not noticing that a couple of tears had escaped down her cheeks. Kakyoin noticed however, and took her hand. He held it in his own, offering her some comfort.

"Molly, are you alright?" he asked and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. She snapped out of her thoughts and gave him a sad smile.

"I'm... I'll be alright, I just need some time to wrap my head around all of this" she said quietly, steering her gaze to the hand that held hers. It was... nice, having a hand to hold reminded her of her mother. She felt the tears burning in her eyes again, she took her free hand and rubbed them away and sniffled. Kakyoin felt like his heart could burst, he hated seeing her sad. He continued to hold her hand in silence, not knowing how else to comfort her.

Jotaro had been looking out of the window, looking at the passing landscape. Although he was seemingly uninterested, he had been listening in on the conversation playing out next to him. He could see Molly's troubled face, the tears falling down her cheeks. He absolutely hated the way seeing her like this made him feel. He wanted to hide her away from the world, protect her from everyone and everything. But then he saw Kakyoin hold her hand out of the corner of his eyes.

His earlier emotions faded as a new one took hold of him. He felt angry, angry at Kakyoin for touching Molly, for being so friendly with her. He wanted to hold her, to comfort her, but it wasn't as easy for him to show how he felt. He clenched his fists and kept staring out the window. Maybe if he ignored the feelings they'd go away.

Suddenly he felt something soft against his arm, he turned his head to see Molly leaning her head against him. She had fallen asleep. His expression softened the tiniest bit, he quite enjoyed feeling her warmth against him. He glanced down at her free hand, and boldly held it in his own. Maybe one day he'd dare do it when she was awake.

Molly was abruptly woken up from her little nap when Polnareff slammed the brakes. When questioned what the hell he was doing he exclaimed loudly

"N-No, look! Look who's standing over there!"

The rest of the group looked where he was pointing, and at the side of the road stood none other than Anne. Jotaro let out his trademark "yare yare" and the rest of them just looked at Anne dumbfounded. Naturally they let her hop on, she had to sit in Joseph's lap since all the other seats were taken. She was going on about something, when a car approached from behind and wanted to pass. Polnareff let the car do so, only for it to slow down so that Polnareff had no choice but to do the same.

The driver of the car then rolled down his window and signaled for them to now pass him. How odd, Molly thought to herself. Polnareff took the bait and as soon as they had passed a truck was headed straight for them. Seconds before contact Star Platinum gave the truck a hard punch, which sent both vehicles flying.

Everyone was alright, except for the car that took some damage, but it was still able to drive just fine. They kept driving until they spotted a roadside teahouse, where they stopped, hoping to find the reckless driver. At this point the possibility of him being a stand user was also playing in their minds. When the driver didn't make himself known, Jotaro and Joseph proceeded to beat up everyone at the teahouse, only to notice the driver driving away from the spot. They quickly took after him, until Polnareff almost drove off the cliffside at a dead end. The car then appeared behind them seemingly out of nowhere, and pushed them down the cliffside. Luckily Kakyoin sprung to action and had Hierophant Green hook the SUV to the other car, and Jotaro had Star Platinum pull them up, swinging the other car down in the process.

They thought he was done for, but when the car dug itself up the cliff and emerged from the ground it became clear that it was a stand. It shot something at the group, but missed Anne, Joseph and Molly as they were out of range. When he was about to attack the second time Molly quickly jumped in front of Jotaro, Kakyoin and Polnareff, shielding them with her wings.

"Run between the boulders" Joseph then shouted, and everyone took off in that direction. They climbed up the cliffside, but Anne had stumbled and fallen on the ground. Molly swiftly picked her up and flew her to where the others were waiting. But the stand, Wheel of Fortune, drove up the wall and shot at Jotaro again. Only then did they realise it was gasoline that he was shooting. He set Jotaro ablaze with a spark from the stands electric wires, everyone watched horrified.

"Jotaro!" Molly shouted and flew to his side, using her wings to disperse the flames. But there was nothing left. She was on the verge of tears when suddenly a hand burst out of the ground. It was Jotaro, it was his gakuran that had burned. He made quick work of the enemy, and Molly immediately began healing the small wounds on his body, secretly admiring his very toned arms, now that he was without his gakuran. She treated Kakyoin and Polnareff too, and then they proceeded on to their next checkpoint, Pakistan.

Wheel of Fortune had shrunk into a tiny rusty car, so Molly once again found herself sitting in Jotaro's lap. This time she was comfortable enough with him to immediately lean back into him and just enjoy the ride.

And of course, Jotaro enjoyed it immensely too.