Chapter 10 Pain

Third pov

There's two kinds of pain.

The one inside your mind.

And the one from wounds.

The problem is that both can tear you in pieces just as easy. And put them together then you have one hell of a thing to deal with.

The Miracoulus team knows both pain's and they know them well. Marinette and Adrien more than the others.

If you ask Chloe her opinion on them then she can say with full honesty that she loves them both. They're her friends, her team, and in a way, her mentors.

But she can also say that she fears for Hawkmoth the day those two get their hands on him.

None of them will ever have a proper childhood. Chloe knew that before accepting the titel of Honey Bee. And Kagami knew, and Luka knew.

The thing was, the thing that hurt to think about-

Adrien and Marinette. Chat Noir and Ladybug.

They never had someone telling them the risks.

They had to experience it on their own. They had to learn that on their own.

Luka, Kagami and Chloe. They had guidance. The black cat and ladybug didn't.

Sure, the Guardian came forward to Matinette eventually but that was months after they had to start protecting Paris.

And by then, they were already dangerous in their own way.

Now?

Now they're the closest thing Paris heroes have come to lethal.

With Marinette's mind and Adrien's strenght they make a terrefying team on their own.

And Chloe doesn't doubt for a second as she looks at her sleeping roomate, that they would do anything in their power to stop anyone standing between their team and the villains that started everything.

*********************************************************************************

Dick finished telling Bruce about the behavior of the class and their teacher.

Bruce was about as happy as his sons had been seeing it happen.

"I'll have them open an investigation on the teacher and the school. In the meantime it would be best to observe Miss Dupain-Cheng and if possible look for more concrete evidence that not everything is right. I'll call the League tonight."

He looked at the time. "They're going to Gotham Academy today. I've talked with the school and the plan is to put them in groups of four in the classes. It was decided before they came here that miss Dupain-Cheng would go with Damian so hopefully he'll see if she's in any lingering pain since yesterday.

*****************************************************

If it hadn't been for Mr Grayson meeting them at the hotel and doing a headcount on his own then Marinette and Chloe would've been left behind again.

He was less than happy with Madame Bustier and gave her a stern talking to before they left for Gotham Academy.

When they arrived at the school Marinette was amazed at the beautiful and eerie architecture.

They were separated into groups of four.

Marinette had Nino, Rose and Max in her group.

Mr Grayson himself showed them to the right classroom.

**************************************

Damian sat in his usual spot in the back when Dick entered with the four french students, exchanged words with the teacher and left after wishing them good luck.

"Alright everyone, this is four of the french students that have come to stay with us for the coming months. Would you four like to introduce yourselves?" Mrs Linden smiled at the four.

Damian wasn't really listening at the first three, instead he subtly studied Marinette.

She wasn't holding herself as if she was in any pain at all, instead she looked well put together.

Although he could tell the smile isn't genuine and there is a sharpness to her eyes as she subtly studies the classroom.

When it's her turn she speaks in an english far better than her classmates. "My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I like to design clothes and bake. I hope we can get along."

"Alright, Nino you can sit beside Alex,"

Alex lifted his hand to show Nino where to sit. Max and Rose sat down where they were supposed to.

"Marinette, you can sit beside Damian."

And their first meeting is on the way.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)