𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔄𝔭𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰

𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗦
❁𖣘❁

''ATTENTION, tonights supper will be baked beans - musical program to follow.''

(Name) grimaced in disgust at the thought of supper. Though she had missed her friends plenty, Cookie's cooking was something she would happily go the trip without. She entered her room, smiling upon spotting only two beds - one on top of the other. A head popped out from the top bunk, a smirk on her features. ''Hope you don't mind, (Name), but I've already claimed the top.''

''Missed you too, Audrey,'' (Name) chuckled, setting her bag at the bottom of her bed.

''How've you been?'' She asked, jumping down and electing to sit on the floor and stare up at her friend.

''Fine. What about you? You been on any expeditions since we last saw each other?'' (Name) asked, crossing her legs, happy to catch up with her.

''Eh, not that many people too excited to pick someone with my age. Kinda stupid, cause I know more than any of the oafs they choose,'' She complained, rolling her eyes sassily.

''Don't I know it,'' (Name) teased, earning a pillow to the face - quite a forceful one at that. ''You looking forward to Cookie's, well, cooking?''

Audrey snorted in amusement. ''I'd normally doubt that anyone could screw up baked beans but, I'm not saying I'd be surprised if I end up with slop.'' (Name) laughed, her mind suddenly wondering as to what Milo would be doing right now.

Meanwhile, Milo was being shoved out of his room, his coat on his head and bag stuffed in his hands. The short man in the thick coat and odd glasses - or whatever they were - didn't stop pushing, not even when Milo ran straight into a solid object. He moved his coat, gulping at the tall, strong physique in front of him.

''Uh oh,'' He said, raising an eyebrow, ''Sat in the dirt, didn't you? Moliere, what've I told you about playing nice with the other kids?'' The short man merely huffed. The second raised a bar of soap, causing 'Moliere' to hiss. ''Get back, I've got soap - and I'm not afraid to use it.''

'Moliere' scrambled to his bed, hiding under the covers as he turned a little light, that dangled from the top of his head, on.

The man turned back to Milo, holding his hand out. ''Name's Sweet - Joshua Sweet, medical officer.''

''A doctor?'' Milo asked in confusion, shaking his head once he had placed his stuff back down. ''I thought the team already had one of those?''

''Uh oh, someone's not been eating their apples,'' Sweet said before laughing at his own joke. ''You must be referring to Dr. (Last Name) - she's a veterinarian, later became a zoologist. Discovered quite a few breakthroughs.''

''Oh, well, uh, I'm Milo Thatch,'' Milo said after taking the new information in. He was quite interested in (Name). 

"Milo Thatch," Sweet said, testing how the name sounded before smiling. "You owe me a 3 O'clock" -- he stopped, pulling out a saw from his bag and turned back to Milo -- "Oh well, no time like the present."

Milo gaped at the sharp points on the instrument of torture as he tried to protest, but Sweet wasn't listening.

"The catalogue said that this little beauty can cut through a femur in twenty-eight seconds. I'm betting that I can cut that time in half."

"Oh, boy."

"Now," Sweet said. He turned and swiftly placed the saw back, picking up a smooth stick instead. "Stick out your tongue and say 'ah'."

Milo brought his hands to his chest as he backed up slightly. "No, really, I-" Milo was cut off when the stick touched his tongue, stopping him from  being able to speak.