Chapter 16 - The Patronus

"Expecto Patronum," Harry waved his wand, but only a small silver wisp emerged. He sighed in frustration. "I can't do it. I was just lucky that day."

"Any memory of what you were thinking?" Vincent asked at his bedside, reading a book on alchemy. He jotted down a few notes for anything he found interesting.

"Everything happened so fast, I can't remember," Harry muttered in frustration. He set his wand and glasses down on the bedside before glancing at Vincent. "Alchemy?"

"Just a bit of light reading," Vincent replied.

"Sounds like Hermione," Harry lay down in bed and turned of his light stand.

Vincent sat in the dorm with his light still on, the only sound left was the snores of several boys.

Vincent set a slip to bookmark the page he was on and placed the book at his bedside. He got up and walked to the window, noticing a familiar black dog staring up at him.

Scratching his head, Vincent took out a piece of paper and written on it: "Any sign of him?"

The sheet of paper was something Sister An had given him before leaving to contact Sirius. Whatever happens to on page happens to the other.

Sirius from below, moved behind a tree and morphed back. In his hand, he held a similar piece of paper. Vincent's writing on the paper was erased and a new message was shown: "Not yet, Crookshanks can't seem to get a scent of him in the castle. Could he have escaped after all?"

"Keep searching, I'm sure his here," Vincent wrote back once the writing disappeared. Sirius, from the trees glanced back at Vincent before morphing back into a dog, making his way back into the darkness.

"He has to be," said Vincent under his breath. He clenched his fist. "I don't know what to do if he isn't."

The next couple of weeks flown by and all the third years were excited about the upcoming Hogsmeade trip.

"Harry, let's go visit Zonko's, you still haven't been inside Zonko's yet!"

Both Harry and Ron were talking about the trip when Hermione rushed up to them. "Harry, you can't go! Sirius Black is out there, looking to kill you!"

"Oh haven't you done enough damag—" Ron stopped himself with gritted teeth and struggled to keep himself from blowing up.

Hermione looked a little hurt and opened her mouth when she the painting opened to Vincent with Arnya trailing behind. "Vincent, say something."

"Huh?" Vincent had a momentary confusion on his face before realisation dawned on it, noticing the Hogsmeade date posted on the bulletin board. He connected the dots and got a general idea of what their arguing about.

"Sirius is still out there, waiting to kill Harry," Vincent had a complicated look on his face. "Harry doesn't even have the map anymore, meaning that it'll be even more dangerous."

"Haahhh," Vincent covered his face and took a deep breath. He couldn't just say, 'Hey, Sirius is on our side, Harry could go along and head to Hogsmeade now.'

"Harry, how's your progress on creating your Patronus?" Vincent asked, confusing the group at the somewhat random question.

"I haven't been able to do it since that day, why—?" Harry asked back.

"On the day to Hogsmeade, let's both go visit Professor Lupin," Vincent suggested.

Harry frowned and was about to speak when Vincent cut him off. "From what I see, your close to master in your Patronus, I feel like you should prioritise that."