let it out

"a cant do this anyone y/n!" sam yelled jumping off the sofa.
i look at him, confused. we were having a chilled out movie night, with popcorn and drinks, and just chilling. all of  sudden sam said this out of nowhere. nothing could've triggered it, it was from out of nowhere.
"can't do what?" i asked.
"us! a cant do us. everything is so hard for me at the moment and the tour is stressing me out like crazy man" he started to shout and it scared me. he's never raised his voice at me before, so it is a new experience for me.
"sam, please calm down"
big mistake.
he turned to look at me and just laughed. that sort of laugh that makes you want to cry. i could already feel water drops filling up my eyes, and as soon as i blinked tears were falling .
"look a wasnt gonna make a deal out of this, but since you told me to 'calm down' i have no option to" he laughed.
sam scrunched up his face, and i knew what was about to happen.
he normally did this when he was about to cry. he managed to stop himself though, as he was taught that boys aren't allowed to cry, only girls can. ive seen him cry before, not that he needs to know.
i walked over to him and he put a hand out to stop me.
"y/n a feel like shit nowadays, and i cant even let me stupid emotions out because i'm a boy. it hurts so much y/n. i don't know what to do"
i went to hug him but he stopped me again.
"it's going to make me cry, i cant."
i shook my head and looked him in his eyes.
"it's okay to cry sam. we're all human. humans fuck up sometimes, and that's okay. it's okay sam. i promise you."
he looked at me hoping for me to say more, so i did.
"i've seen many boys cry, and it's perfectly fine to. fuck whatever you've been told, it's all bullshit. just let it out, sam. let the emotions out"
i reach out to hug him and he did. he started to cry a lot, and tears splashed onto my hoodie. i didnt mind though. he let them out.