22 ➳ The Comedown

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

I'm awoken by the loud cheering of almost every person that was around me. Panic starts to race through my veins as my body jolts away from my brothers.

"What? What's happening?" I asked as an instant pain struck my head.

"Eden! You didn't just see that?!" Sam said as he grabbed me with a shocked expression plastered to his face, "The Devils just won!"

"The devils?" I asked confused as I felt dizzy and the pain in my head was starting to get worse.

"Yes, Eden the Dayton Devils! They won!" he yelled again, "All thanks to Hales incredible shot!"

"Can you stop yelling." I whined as I rubbed my temples.

"Oh, don't be such a buzzkill, come one we have to go congratulate them." Sam said grabbing my arm and swiftly ripping me up and off of the cold steel bleachers.

We followed the massive crowd onto the field where they were lifting up and congratulating a certain captain who had bought the team to victory I believe. But off to the side was a certain bleach blonde-haired boy with a sad yet mad look on his face.

Lakyn hadn't had a single person near him, congratulating him like his best friend was. Now I don't know much about lacrosse but I know for a fact that Lakyn was the main reason that hale had managed to score the last point that my brother hasn't stopped talking about.

All I want is for my brother to hurry up and congratulate the boys s that we can leave and go back home so I can go back to sleep and try and get through this comedown but there's one problem and I hate to admit this but I need to get a ride back home with them well at least Lila or something because she's the one that I believe has my phone and I feel the need to be a decent human and thank them for looking after my drugged up ass.

"Hey, Sammy?" I asked with a yawn as he still dragged me towards the field, "I'm going to catch a ride home with Lila."

"Um okay." he said as if it was nothing as he was to concentrated on getting to the boys but then it hit him as he almost snapped his neck by the way he twisted it to look at me, "What? I thought you hated them."

"Well we sorted things out, I believe there will be no more problems between us." I lied.

As a matter of fact, we have indeed not sorted things out and I didn't intend to but after tonight I'm starting to rethink that as they pretty much saved me from reds house and somewhat helped me with getting to this stupid game and not fucking up my relationship with my brother.

Maybe they aren't all bad after all.

"Wait, how come you're the only one drunk?"

Panic seemed to quickly flood through my veins, 'Well Sammy you see I'm nowhere near drunk I'm actually high on fentanyl and I'm starting to feel very bad after-effects of it'. Well, that was the truth but there's no way I had enough balls to tell him that so I quickly looked around for an excuse or subject change.

"Oh my god look its Hale." I said as I was now the one dragging him over to Hale.

Sam thankfully didn't keep going instead he walked beside me as we finally made our way up t the captain of the lacrosse team.

"Plus I don't forgive you for leaving my car at Lilas either." he said as if he was a child, "The uber was a creep and it cost me a fortune."

"I didn't leave it at Lila's, who said--" I paused, realizing Lila must have said that to save my stupid ass, "Oh, yeah. I'm really sorry about that."