08

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅,

( second-person point of view  )

The stress of work had lightened, but the strain you were sustaining came from the argument you had with L. It started as a stupid and silly little squabble. You were still convinced that carrot cake counts as cake, by the way. However, that didn't matter anymore. What you took away from the conversation was that L thought you could be uninteresting sometimes. That hurt a lot, especially coming from someone who you respect, admire, and care about so much.

You knew you both just needed some time to cool off and get some retrospective before trying to resolve the conflict. Hence why you were kind of avoiding L for the past two days. It wasn't easy to go a sum of two days completely avoiding your own boss, let alone the man you loved. Nevertheless, when there is a will, there is a way.

You walked into the surveillance room with a file that contained vital information about the case. You knew you had no choice but to give L the papers yourself. You entered the room and silently walked up to where L was sitting and placed the file next to him on the desk.

"You need to look this over," You stated briefly, not putting much inflection in your voice.

"Thank you," He responded calmly. You turned to take your leave and got a few paces, but L managed to silently get up and reached out to grab onto your wrist. This, of course, stopped you in your tracks. There was a moment of tension-filled silence before he spoke,

"I think we need to talk about what happened," L said, very clearly alluding to the argument the other day. You sighed deeply, but you knew he was right.

"Okay," You nodded.

"I'm sorry that I was somewhat condescending," L told you. "I have the same problem, and I am so sorry if I made you feel like I think you're boring." L moved his hand from your wrist down to your hand and laced your fingers. "I think you are fascinating and wonderful."

"I'm sorry if I overreacted a bit," You told him with a small smile. "You're sweet." You stepped forward to wrap your arms are the detective. You smiled bigger as he returned the embrace lovingly. You laughed and kissed his cheek several times in a row.

"These past few days have been awful without you!" You whispered happily.

"I feel the same way, darling," L leaned back to kiss your lips gently. You smiled and went on with your days, filled with a new sense of joy and peace.

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .