OH CRAP

"We should totally bring a wheely chair."
"Why, Ned, would we need a wheely chair?" MJ asked, eyebrows raised.
"Well, what if you get hurt and can't walk back? We'd need an inconspicuous way of bringing you somewhere we're definitely allowed before we can call help." Ned explained this all as if it was perfectly logical.
"Well, my super cool boyfriend Spiderman would swoop in and carry me to safety. Also how is a wheely chair inconspicuous?" MJ asked, stumping Ned.
"Guys," Peter said, emerging from the room he'd been informed was his. "Are we doing this or what?"
"What are we doing?"
All three of them spun towards the voice they hadn't been expecting. Flash.
"Uh, nothing," Peter said, at the same time as Ned started to say, "Peter and MJ are going to make out and I'm going back to my room."
Flash's face flushed slightly and he looked more than a little uncomfortable. When neither Ned nor Peter and MJ moved though, he narrowed his eyes. "You're going off somewhere, doing something cool. Without me, right?"
Ned and Peter looked at each other awkwardly. "No..." Ned said slowly, though it was true. Why would they have invited Flash anyway? It wasn't like he really liked them.
"Whatever," Flash muttered, looking extrmely dejected. "Not like you guys ever include me in anything anyway."
"Dude, wait," Peter said, feeling a rush of guilt and moving forward to block Flash before he could get to far. "You can come with us, but we can't tell anybody okay?"
Flash's face immediately lit up. "Hell yeah, I'm going on a-" Peter slapped a hand over Flash's mouth to shut him up so that no one would over here. Removing it slowly when Flash looked a little calmer. "I'm going on a secret mission with Spiderman," he finished in a loud whisper. Peter rolled his eyes and strolled down the hallway, motioning for the other to follow. From behind him, he heard Flash excitedly whispering to Ned. "Spiderman put his hand on my mouth! He put his-!"
"Shhhh!" MJ said loudly, cutting Flash off.
The little group passed through the large living room area in silence, puling open the door they had entered through and peering out into the less lavish corridor. It was considerably colder out if the living quarters, and there was barely any decorative touches on the stark metal walls.
"What way?" Ned whispered.
"We came from there," Peter said softly, pointing to the right. "Why don't we go the other way?"
"Peter is so right, we should definitely go the other way," Flash's said in a rush.
"Let's go," MJ said, taking the lead. Peter caught up and walked beside her, Ned walking behind with Flash, though he was hardly happy about it.
"Where exactly are we going?" Ned whispered.
"Why are you whispering?" MJ asked.
Ned shrugged. "It's a secret mission. Pete? Where are we going?"
"Dunno," Peter answered distractedly.
"The whole point of exploring," MJ said. "Is not about the destination but about the journey and the people you're on it with."
"Yeah, a secret exploration mission with Spiderman!" Flash said a little too loudly, and they all shushed him.
"Dude," Ned said after a moments silence. "Why are you like, such a fanboy?"
"I am not a fanboy," Flash protested.
Silence again. The corridor didn't seem to end, or to go anywhere. It just kept going straight, on and on and on.
"Wait," Flash said suddenly, stopping dead in his tracks. They all turned to him, confused. "Peter, that was you that wrecked my dads car on homecoming night!"
"Uh..." Peter scratched his neck sheepishly. "Yeah. Sorry, man."
"Guys, move!" MJ hissed suddenly, ushering them further down the corridor. Peter had been distracted, but now he heard it too. Voices approaching. The foursome rushed forward, rounding the second corner they had come to in their whole 'exploration'. A door to the left. Peter yanked it open and motioned frantically for everyone to enter, following them in and shutting the door as quietly as possible.
They sat in utter darkness for a few minutes, waiting as the voices reached the door and then moved on. They waited even longer to make sure they were safe.
"I think we're good," Peter whispered, getting to his feet in the pitch black and feeling his way up the door for the handle. He turned it.
"Oh, crap."