10

𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈,

( second-person point of view  )

You audibly yawned, suddenly growing sleepy. You found yourself glancing at the clock, only to find it was close to quitting time. This pleased you greatly. You were passionate about police work and loved your job, but damn could it be exhausting sometimes. You stood up from your seat after you finished the project you were working on.

"Well, I'm gonna turn in," You declared to your co-workers. You were met with some "goodnight"s and "see you tomorrow"s before you made your retreat to your bedroom. However, when you arrived you didn't plan on going to sleep right away. You relaxed and kept an eye on the clock. Soon enough, it was about nine o'clock. You smiled, knowing that all the members of the task force would have gone home to their respective families by now.

. . .

You peeked into some of the rooms and around corners, making sure if anyone was still in the building, they were fast asleep. You quickly made your way to L's floor wearing nothing but your pajamas. You found L rather easily, seeing as how he was waiting for you.

"Hello, (Y/n)," He greeted and kissed your lips softly. You tucked your arms around him, keeping him close so you could kiss him again. It was somewhat difficult to spend all day with the one you loved and not be able to express that love at all.

"You don't seem very tired," L remarked.

"Neither do you, detective," You fired back with ease. "But sleep is necessary to human survival." L smiled and took you to bed with him. Some, if not most, nights you would go to your room, but later wander over to L's room. Often you wouldn't end up sleeping without L beside you. Snuggling into your boyfriend's bed, you pulled him in with you. This was one of the only ways you could get him to sleep; if you literally forced him down into the bed. Some would be surprised to find out that L is a very cuddly sleeper.

Struggling with insomnia is no fun, but something about having you so near and close made it easier for him to fall asleep. You calmed him, and your presence seemed to help him get his mind off anything that was bothering him. Something about brushing his fingers across your skin or through your beautiful hair managed to lull him into a peaceful state.

"Goodnight, my love," L whispered to you once he could tell you were about to drift off.

"Goodnight," You mumbled before closing your eyes and finally falling asleep. L smiled softly down at you; the woman he loved. Nothing could beat the feeling he felt when he looked at you. Nothing.

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .