Chapter 6: Through Hell We Walk

They looted out the house, and sure enough a runner came sprinting at them when they weren't paying attention. Ellie and (Y/N) screamed and Joel seemed genuinely amused by it. They moved onward yet some more, avoiding getting their heads blown off by some more traps. Finally, they reached a building that they entered in. Joel grabbed a couple things then moved to open a door, which led to a warehouse. He took barely a couple steps, when a noise sounded through the warehouse. Joel looked down to see some rope tighten around his feet, and start dragging him across the ground, until it suspended him in the air.

Chapter 6

The sight of Joel being hanged by his feet would be quite funny, if they weren't in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. "Joel! I got ya." Ellie said, rushing over and steadying him so he wasn't swinging around like crazy. "Goddamnit Bill!" Joel spoke out to no one as (Y/N) was looking around. "All things aside, it's very well laid out-" (Y/N) started, but was cut off by Ellie. "Not now!" She said in a demanding voice that shut him up quickly.

"What just happened?" Ellie asked as she stepped back, looking at Joel. "It's another one of Bill's stupid traps." Joel said, with some slight anger in his voice. "Hey Ellie, look at this!" (Y/N) said, the girl turning to see the other standing by a fridge. "That must be the counterweight." Joel pointed out as Ellie moved over to stand by (Y/N). "We gotta cut the rope." (Y/N) stated, pulling out his combat knife. Ellie jumped up onto the fridge and started to cut into the top, while (Y/N) worked on the bottom as they both wouldn't fit up there.

Even with the military grade knife, the rope didn't seem to be cutting very well, in fact it was staying together very well. "Goddamn, I need me some this." (Y/N) muttered as he started to put more force into it. They both froze suddenly when they heard the sounds of infected. "Shit, here they come!" Joel called out, and (Y/N) grumbled. "Ellie!" He said, tossing up his combat knife and watching it land by her. "Use that! It'll work faster!" He called, then pulled out his handgun.

Joel was a damn good shot while upside down, he took out two runners that were rushing after him. (Y/N) took a knee was he looked out the main opening, firing into the infected near the fence while Joel tired to cover him. It was a wonder he didn't get shot. "Ellie? How's its looking?" Joel asked as he tried to reload as fast as possible. "I'm going as fast as I can!" Ellie said, nervousness lacing her voice as (Y/N) shot out more. "Joel!" He called, chucking a box of revolver rounds to him and heading back to shooting.

More of them started to run through, nearly 5 at a time. Joel would take which ever ones he could shoot, while (Y/N) would take anyone going near Ellie and the fridge. That was, until he was out of ammo. "Damnit." He muttered, checking the clip. He was about to start punching them, when a box of ammo dropped into his hands. He looked up to see Ellie smile at him, before going back to the rope. (Y/N) reloaded quickly and starting firing more.

Joel called out when clickers started to join the fray, and now they had to waste much more ammo on the crowds. "I need more time!" Ellie said, not a few seconds later the fridge tumbled over and hit the ground, causing Joel to be pull higher. Now this was a terrible situation, because that left Ellie and (Y/N) completely vulnerable with every infected going after them. Seeing very little options, (Y/N) knew he had to use it.

With only a moment of hesitation, he steeled his nerves and stood by Ellie as he swung the hunting rifle into his hands, dropping his handgun to the floor. The rifle may not have seen like much, but Jen and Him has spent a lot of their time modifying weapons and guns. This rifle had enough stopping power to shoot through 4 people at once, it had the capacity for 6 bullets in the clip, and with the newly attached scope, it had a pretty kickass range of 700m. And it was the only weapons (Y/N) refused to use unless he absolutely had to.