Chapter 12: What Is This Feeling? The Sequel

Meanwhile with Sarah:

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I strolled around the store with Isabel, enjoying myself and checking out any clothing that stood out to me. I was minding my own business, checking out the clothing on a rack, when Isabel approached me.

"Soooo...Sarahh..." Isabel extended her words playfully, clearly about to ask a curious question. I know her by now, we've been best friends since we were very young and small. Every time she had a question that she was curious to know the answer to, she always did the same thing.

I stared at the rack of clothing for a moment, waiting for her to continue but hoping she wouldn't at the same time. I ran my finger over the metal bar on which the clothing hanged and turned my head slowly to look at her. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue her question.

Her grin grew larger as I looked at her in the eyes. "What's up Isabel?" I asked, as I rolled my eyes playfully and gave her a friendly smile. Isabel, not answering my question yet, leaned in and cupped her hand on the right side of her face, clearly wanting to whisper something in my ear. "I saw you holding Mike's hand when you arrived here...What's up with that Sarah..?" She whispered excitedly. Almost immediately, my face seemed to have gotten an intense blush, as the tip of my ears turned as red as a fire-engine. I began to sweat slightly, and playing with my fingers, I looked down at the store's tiled floor. "I-I..um..." Was all that could come out of my mouth at the moment.

Isabel gasped, astonished yet incredibly happy.

"YOU LOV-" She exclaimed loudly, before I quickly covered her mouth with my hand. My blush only intensified with every comment she made, my heart beating faster at the thought of the octoling. "N-no I don't!" I whispered aggressively at the now quiet inkling. "A-and keep your voice low." I stuttered nervously. "So you do love him..?" Isabel asked curiously.

"N-no I-I don't!" I exclaimed, flustered and tightening the grip on the clothing bag in my hand. "I just find h-him really cute and attractive. P-plus, he's really nice and sweet and well-mannered.." My eyes slowly closed without me realizing, and soon enough I began daydreaming about Mike. Imagining him pull me closer by the waist and kissing me made my heart skip a beat. As I daydreamed, I felt my smile grew wider, and my ears drooped, the tips turning red as well. "He's s-strong too and very skillful at Turf War and such. What's there not to like?" I rambled on.

As I looked at Isabel, she had an awkward smile on her face, as a sweat slowly made its way down the side of her head (😅). "You really do love him huh?" Isabel giggled. I let out a sigh in defeat, succumbing to my feelings. "Yes I do.." I whispered.

"You should tell him how you feel, Sarah. I know it isn't often that you feel so strongly about someone."

I looked down, analyzing what my best friend had just told me. It's true, I never really felt such intense emotions over someone, and lately I've been smiling and laughing a lot more than usual. I've changed a lot. I used to be really serious, but every since I met him, I've felt happier...and comfortable.

But then again, we've only known each other for about a month now. Am I moving too quickly? I fell in love rather quickly..but then again..Would he even feel the same way towards me?

"I d-don't know," I said softly with a tone full of uncertainty. "I'll tell him when the time's right.."

I turned around, facing away from Isabel, and poked around at the clothing in front of me. I'm doing so, I hoped it ended the conversation, since I was still thinking everything through.

"Just take your time Sarah, no need to rush." Isabel ended the conversation with a thoughtful smile. I smiled back at her and nodded swiftly.

I looked up from the rack of clothing after looking at it for a minute and caught Mike staring at me, eyes full of curiosity and with an adorable smile. He was blushing slightly too. A smile crept onto my face without me realizing it, and my stomach fluttered nervously. Another blush had appeared on my face and I timidly waved, trying not to make it seem like I'm nervous at all.

He perked up happily, giving me a timid wave as well.

We both locked eyes for a moment, before I looked around to shop some more, in an effort to distract myself from my embarrassment.

As I continued to look around, the thought popped into my head.

"I guess I really do love him, huh?"

A.N. Hey everyone! Hope y'all are enjoying the book so far! After paying a bit of extra attention to the Greninja X Braixen Fanfic and Diane X King Fanfic (which you should check it out :) ) I decided to give some love to this book too! And once again, I hope you guys, and gals..and whatever you identify as :) enjoy the book!