DOUBLE CRAP

"Oh, crap." Peter muttered as he tried to turn the door handle. He didn't know what would have been worse. Them being found exploring where they possibly weren't allowed or them being locked in here. Now, as the panic began to set in, he found himself wishing they had just been caught.
"What is 'oh, crap'?" Ned asked from the darkness, his own voice holding a little of the panic Peter was feeling. It wasn't Peters first time being locked in somewhere, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last, but it certainly wasn't something he particularly enjoyed.
"Oh, crap, you remembered you like to stay in creepy dark rooms and screen your friends?" MJ asked hopefully. Peter gave the door knob one last jiggle and stepped back, frustrated, bumping right into someone.
"Sorry," Flash mumbled, for once not saying much as he stepped away. Ned rushed forward and began jiggling the handle, cursing as he discovered, as Peter had, that it wouldn't budge.
"Is there a light in here?" MJ asked. "As much as I like things dark, I would much rather be able to see the faces of the last people I'm ever fling to see before I die."
A soft, whimper like sound came from behind Peter and he turned, surprised, in Flash's direction. "Sorry," Flash mumbled again.
"You okay?" Peter asked, his own fear seeming to subside a little in the wake of making sure others were safe. It often seemed to happen this way.
"Fine," Flash squeaked, then gave a little cry if fright as there was a loud thump.
"What the hell, Ned?"
"Door won't budge," Ned said. "It's pretty solid too. Shoulder hurts." Hand on his shoulder, Ned sank down to the floor with his back against the door. Peter could hear rather than see this, along with MJ scrabblimg around in the wall, clearly trying and failing to find a light switch. After a while she gave up and sank down beside Ned.
Peter sighed and patted his pockets, searching for his mask which he somehow hadn't thought about till now. Courtesy of Mr Stark, the mask of his spidersuit had a night vision mode. Probably for situations like this time be quite honest. Peter smiled as he thought of Mr Stark designing this aspect of the suit, imagining Peter getting himself stuck in lots of dark places where he couldn't find a source of light. He sure did think of everything.
Managing to locate the mask in his back pocket, Peter slipped it on and waited for a moment for it to warm up. The mask was even more high-tech than Peter had realised, switching itself automatically to night vision mode. All if a sudden, he could see his friends as eery, slightly greenish forms. He looked around, hunting for a light switch. He'd be happy with just a match, but there was nothing.
"For someone named after a spider, you sure do seem to be making a lot of noise," Ned complained. Peter, realising he had been shuffling around as he tried to locate things, stilled. And not just because of Neds comment.
He could feel something behind him. Call it what the will,  perhaps his Peter tingle, but he could feel that something, or someone, was watching them.
Slowly, Peter turned around, scanning the room with night vision as he did so. And then he saw it, huge and menacing before them.
"Oh, double crap."