Kabanata 33 - Rumor

Kabanata 33

Rumor

Joseph woke up with a throbbing headache. Habang nakapikit pa rin, he massaged the bridge of his nose as if trying to ease the pain. He moved his body sideways and felt a hand covering his chest. Dinilat ang mata. Ngayon lamang napagtanto na ngayon siya ay walang saplot sa katawan. He heard a soft chuckle beside him. There, laying on his bed beside him was a lady with a long brown hair. Her bangs were on its side at bahagyang natatabunan ang isang mata.

"Good morning, Your Highness." The girl smiles brightly and hugged him tighter.

'Now I've done it.' He solemnly thought to himself.

Joseph let out a big sigh until he drops his eyelids and went back to sleep. Telling himself that it must be a dream.

* * *

Whenever a girl sleep into the Crown Prince's chamber, all the people would know about it... Joseph doesn't have a clean reputation. He has the fair share of women on his life kaya naman the news of a girl sleeping with him is normal. What isn't normal is, it is not a common noble girl. It is a Princess of a neighbouring kingdom. And taking the Princess' pureness sparks a war between the two peaceful empires.

The Empress heard it first thing in the morning habang nag-tsa-tsaa. Her lips were on grim line as she strode to the north wing of the castle kung saan nandoon ang kanyang kwarto. She manages the North Wing the biggest place among the castles. The emperor's chamber is located on the East, not that far from her. She was gripping her handkerchief trying to ease the anger flowing in her. Joseph knew how the Emperor is doing. Joseph know how his Father's health is failing. He knows every matter inside the castle because he was the Crown Prince. But... but how can he bring a woman, Princess even, on the castle and deflower her! How could he! Knowing that his father is already suffering? Nag-uumapaw ang damdamin ng Empress sa nangyari.

The Empire already have too many problems to fixed, we still have a war going on with the Southern kingdom, luckily we are winning, but bringing the Princess in here is like declaring another war! After getting to her chamber, she raised her hand slightly to call her lady-in-waiting.

"Tell the Crown Prince to come here immediately."

Mabilis na sumunod ang babae sakanya. Ilang segundo lang ang katahimikan sa isip ng Empress hanggang muling mag-init ang ulo dahil sa kasalan ng anak. That child! He could have every girl he wanted in this empire, but he still chooses the wrong girl to play with! What an idiot he is!

Joseph came in with his usual royal outfit. He looks dashing as ever. The prince got his mother's face. A very soft feature but his eyes was like a tiger, as expressive as his father's. The same grey eyes that is very deadly to look at.

"Mother." He greeted formally.

"I..." She paused and took a sharp breath, "..am so disappointed in you, Joseph!"

She watched her son shifted his eyes from her to the ground. Look how guilty he is! Dapat lang!

"Your father is fighting for his dear life, Joseph! Even though we all know that he is dying, your father is still trying to stay with us!"

Namumula ang buong mukha ng empress sa galit. Habang si Joseph naman ay nanatiling nakatingin sa ibaba.

"Instead of being a good son and a good Crown Prince of this Empire, what have you been doing? Sleeping around with girls?! And not just a girl, but a Princess even! From the Western Kingdom!" She stated hysterically. May diin ang bawat salita na sinasabi.

Joseph didn't defend himself and choose not to say anything because of the Empress' outburst. He knows how upset her mother is right now. Her mother was getting sadder as his father weakens. The Empress felt na hindi na magtatagal pa ang Emperor. And soon the crown, the duty of being an Emperor would fall to him.