CHAPTER 1

Alveera's POV:

"Alveera!! Wake up, it's already 11 in the morning. There are thousands of work to do and you are still sleeping. Get up, I shouldn't be waking you up for the second time", my mom shouted at me. What a perfect start to the morning!

Hii! My name is Alveera Ehmaan and I am a cricket journalist, a job which I got just 2 months back. I love cricket and wanted to do something related to it as I couldn't play it.

My elder sister Amaira is getting married and almost every work has been assigned to me, especially the decoration part. Actually I live in a joint family with my uncles, aunts and my cousins and that's the best part.

After my usual morning routine, I walked out of my room for breakfast(if you can call it breakfast).

"Make sure that both of the guest rooms upstairs cleaned nicely", my mom told me as i sat down for breakfast," Peter uncle and his wife are coming tomorrow and even Xanir", the last three words made me choke on my food.

"What! Xanir is coming, but why?", I asked in astonishment.

"What do you mean why? He was free so he is coming. You should be happy, you will be meeting him after 16 years."

"You should be happy", I mimicked my mom in a weird way.

Peter uncle and his wife Rebeccah aunty are our family's old friend. They are actually from Australia. They came to India when I was six years old and stayed for 2 years. In that time both the families became very good friends. Now they were coming for Amaira's wedding after so many years. But they are not a problem, they are actually very loving, the problem is their son Xanir Resf, who is the captain of the Australian cricket team and in Australia, their captain is the 2nd most respected person and people almost worship him, I don't know why? He is 2 years older than me and I hate him, actually, we both hate each other. No matter how famous he might be, I just don't like him. We always fought and troubled each other. After he went back, we never contacted each other, I doubt he even recognises me now. And now the devil himself is coming tomorrow!

Just then my phone rang, my boss Mr.Singh was calling.

"Hello sir, good morning", I said

"It's actually afternoon Miss Ehmaan", he said and I apologised quickly, "We have an offer for you, if you want then next month there is an upcoming series between Australia and New Zealand, and if possible we would like you to go there."

"Umm...sir I would definitely like that but I need a few days to make a decision."

"Ok, but within a week I need an answer", and with that, he hunged up the phone.

I was really happy with the offer but I didn't know whether I will be able to go or not. Right now, I had hundreds of other works. Day after tomorrow was the Haldi function and tomorrow Xanir was coming.

Please do vote, comment and share.

And ignore the grammatical and spelling mistakes(if any).