Part 10: Maybe Being Good Really is Better Than Being Evil

I stormed away from the shop and to the spot Mal and I used to hang out. I threw a rock at the sign which opened the gate to the metal stairs. That’s when I noticed boot prints on the dusty stairs. Slowly climbing the stairs, I started hearing someone pacing around the metal floor. Then, I saw him.

He looked stressed out as his large hand ran through his dark brown hair. His blue eyes seemed to continuously scan the room in a panic. His red coat followed behind him like fire. That’s when he removed his coat, leaving him in just a ripped, plain white t-shirt and his black skinny jeans.

To my surprise, he actually looked kinda hot. I shook my head, trying to clear the awful thought from my mind. However, my white hair, which was tightly secured in a ponytail, decided to slam against the wall next to me. My eyes widened and I silently hoped Harry didn’t hear it.

“Hello?” Harry asked, crushing my hopes of not being noticed.

I sighed, knowing I should show myself to him. Reluctantly, I walked up the last few stairs.

“Chloe?” Harry asked, sounding surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” I said, crossing my arms.

Harry pressed his lips together before deciding not to argue. He let his face change. Harry’s lips parted as he sighed and ran a hand through his hair again.

“Are you okay?” I asked, noticing there was something wrong.

“Why do you want to know?” Harry asked.

“I’m asking as a friend this time,” I said.

Harry sighed. “My dad kicked me off the ship,” he said. “My dad said something about being disappointed in me because I wanted to be good. And I still want to be good.”

“How did he know about that,” I asked.

“They had the coronation streaming live on the Isle,” Harry said.

“So he kicked you out for that?” I asked.

Harry only nodded.

“That is so messed up! I get that you’re a villain’s kid but that- oh,” I said, realizing what I was saying.

“So when it’s Mal, you take her mom’s side, yet when it’s me…,” Harry trailed off smirking as he did so.

Now it was my turn to sigh. “Mal stayed in Auradon though, you didn’t,” I said.

“That’s because, as much as I wanted to stay, there are too many dumb princes there,” Harry said.

“What about all of the princesses?” I asked. “Didn’t one of them catch your eye?”

“No princess caught my eye because the only princess I want couldn’t stay for very long after the coronation,” Harry said.

“Who are you-” I stopped and crossed my arms. “Smooth Harry, real smooth.”

“It’s true though,” Harry said.

I rolled my eyes. “And I suppose that the reason none of the other princesses caught your eye is because they weren’t me?”

“Yeah, that’s pretty much it,” Harry admitted.

“Anyway, you mentioned something about wanting to be good sill?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Harry said.

“Why?” I asked, confused at why Harry would want to trade a life full of mischief for a life of being good.

“Because maybe being good really is better than being evil,” Harry said, shocking me.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Harry said.

“You’re insane,” I said.

“I’m aware,” Harry said.