Chapter fourteen : Trap

Ratchet : I don't think we should tell her. Miko is stubborn. If she knows, she will want to go with you.

Bulkhead : Eh you're right .. but Layla is her friend. It's been nine months since she was kidnapped. We can't hide it.

Optimus : I think Ratchet is right. We just have to save Layla then we will bring her back. Everything will be back to normal.

Bulkhead : I guess. Okay guys, I'm in.

/ The autobots were finally able to gain access to the Nemesis. All possible access roads had been blocked. Hacking was not even possible because Soundwave had scrambled all the computer tracks allowing access. But thanks to several searches, Raph had managed to find an entry on the Nemesis. Their plan was that Optimus, Arcee and Bumblebee would distract Megatron and the others while Bulkhead and Smokescreen would save Layla.
It was dangerous but we had to act quickly. And to avoid any damage, they had said nothing to Miko\

Optimus : Autobots, we must save Layla today !

Meanwhile on the Nemesis

Starscream : Soundwave, did the Autobots find the signal yet ?

/ Soundwave nodded. Starscream started to smile greatly, a sadistic grin which means everything except good\

 Starscream started to smile greatly, a sadistic grin which means everything except good\

Starscream : Good Good ~ they fall into this stupid trap at last. Lord Megatron will be pleased to hear this. And so will the others ! I can't wait to see which stupid robot will dare to take our precious and beloved princess hehe hehe ~ !

/ Soundwave nodded again. It is true that he was also impatient to put their plan in place. The beginning of a long series of plans. This one, despite its simplicity, represented something crucial and important. So yes, he was looking forward.
Layla was in an iron cage in Shockwave's lab. Predaking was with her. Apparently it was the "big day". She wondered what was going to happen. But apart from waiting, she couldn't do much\

Layla : Where are everyone Predaking ?

Predaking : They are with Lord Megatron. Preparing the plan I guess.

Layla : And is putting me in a cage part of the plan ?

Predaking : Yes it is. Sorry if it's inconfortable.

Layla : Don't be. As long as I don't stay in here forever.

/ After several hours of waiting, noises were heard. Laser shots. Could it be that ...? Before Layla could even think, Predaking went to hide away in the lab. Something seemed weird ... but she didn't want to ruin their "plan". So Layla said nothing and waited.
Meanwhile, at the other end of the Nemesis, Optimus, Arcee and Bumblebee were fighting Megatron, Starscream, Knockout and Breakdown\

Optimus : Where is Layla, Megatron ?!

Megatron : Oh somewhere safe ~ where no one can see her.

Starscream : Don't spoil your energy for that hehe ~ ! It would be useless ~

Arcee : Never !

/ Bulkhead and Wheeljack were trying to find Layla while the Decepticons were distracted. Oh serious mistake ...
They went to the last place which was the Shockwave lab. And miraculously, they had found her ! Layla was shocked but she guessed that it was part of plan. It must be\

Bulkhead : Layla ! Are you alright ?!

Layla : Yes I am.

Wheeljack : Don't worry girl, we're going to get you out of here !

Layla : Good luck with that.

Wheeljack : Eh thanks.

/ He didn't understand. But whatever.
While Wheeljack was breaking the cage, Predaking jumped on him and snatched his arm. And before Bulkhead could even defend him, Shockwave arrived and shot him in the chest. Soundwave also appeared and hurried to take Layla with one of his tentacles.

Wheeljack and Bulkhead were on the ground now, unconscious\

Layla : You could have grab me more gently Soundwave.

Soundwave : *Sorry Layla. I want you to be safe by my side now*

Layla : Sure.

Shockwave : Are you alright my dear test subject ? Did they touch you ?

Layla : No they just tried to break the cage.

Shockwave : It was careless of them. They could have damage you.

Layla : Well I'm okay. Why did you let thé Autobots get in ?

Soundwave : *It was the plan. We set a trap*

Shockwave : We wanted to do some "experiments" on them. And this two Autobots will be enough for these. Soundwave, apply the rest of the plan.

/ Soundwave nodded. Oh that was clever, Layla thought. But for a moment, she thought about Miko. Poor girl will be so worried. But hey, Layla couldn't do anything.
The other Autobots were retreating. So Arcee tried to establish communication with Bulkhead and Wheeljack\

Arcee : *Bulkhead ? Wheeljack ? Did you find Layla yet ?*

Bulkhead : *Yeah we did ! She's safe hopefully ! Raph opened a groundbridge at the other side of the Nemesis. We must go now !*

Arcee : *Right ! We will be here !*

Optimus : Did they find her ?

Arcee : Hey they did ! Raph opened à groundbridge at the other side of the Nemesis. We must hurry !

Optimus : Then Autobots roll out !

/ Optimus, Arcee and Bumblebee headed for the groundbridge. But once they crossed it, they found themselves in the middle of the desert. And before they even realize it was a trap, the groundbridge closed\

Optimus : Bulkhead ! Wheeljack !

/ Suddenly, they got a call from Raph\

Raph : Guys ? Where are you ? The access that we found just disappeared and get blocked ! All the access roads and possible techno-communications with the Nemesis are cut off !

Arcee : Oh no .. it was a trap ..

/ Indeed, Soundwave had recorded Bulkhead's voice to pretend to be him. Everything seemed obvious now. But it was too late now ...
Meanwhile, the Decepticons were laughing so hard. Now they were going to have fun. And it will be a beautiful proof of their love\