A Princely Party

A week flew by quickly and the day of the party loomed over Morgiannas head.

She wondered if calling in sick was a viable excuse for not attending or of that would only bring the ax closer to her neck. She knew that some if not all of the capture targets would be there, which did not bode well for her plan of avoiding them.

"Morgianna did you hear what I said?" Turning her head towards the voice she was met with Fafnirs piercing gaze. How long had he been standing there?

"I will take that vacant look as a no. I said that we have to leave in 20 minutes do you need anything before we depart?" He shook his head in exasperation. He had been by her side the past couple years and while sometimes she acted as if she were adult there were days like today that made him feel like those days must be a fluke.

"No, I am fine." Though the word fine could be a loose translation for having a panic attack and wanting to crawl into the nearest beasts stomach.

Fafnir was not convinced by her words and could see the sweat beading at her temple. "How can a girl who basically kills guys on the weekend be so worried about a birthday party for a little boy?"

She shot him a look full of venom. She wasn't scared of the birthday party. She was worried she would come face to face with the capture targets. She knew they each knew about the marriage proposal, would they try to use tonight to gain favor with her?

She shuddered at the thought of a bunch of children trying to flirt. She knew each of them would grow up to be handsome in their own way but she was not interested in little boys so for now they need to stay away. She caught that thought mid-flight and quickly stomped it down. No, they need to stay away forever.

"I am ready to leave now, see if Felix needs anything." She hated using that as an excuse to send him away, but really she just needed a moment to relax. It was true that on the weekends they spent hours hunting down the world's scum and ending their life without her even flinching. She can take on these boys, she is strong and independent and she doesn't need any man. This time her thoughts made her giggle thinking of movies and memes from back home.

Looking at herself in the mirror one last time she admired the dress she wore. By now everyone was aware of her infatuation with the color red so everything had been redone in her room to match her taste. Her current dress fitting in perfectly.

It was red, the color of freshly drawn blood with a small heart-shaped bodice

It was red, the color of freshly drawn blood with a small heart-shaped bodice. The neckline is very modest. The sleeves were short and puffy as if someone had stuck two red clouds to her shoulders with tiny black bows on top. The dress itself reached the floor and did that swish motion when she walked. She was half tempted to do a twirl just once. It had a. Black undershirt that peeked from under the ruffled edges of the red that matched the black bows that went around the bottom as if they had pinned up the red. She finished it all off with a black choker that was neither tight nor loose but fit her just right.