Chapter Sixty- Four: Training Invitation

"Any fool can be happy

"Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep."

― Clive Barker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think we should tell someone."

"I agree." Tom muses as he wiped down the table next to mine. Hog's Head Inn was jam-packed with people. Ever since Aberforth realized he had three more mouths to feed, he'd really turned the place over.

It'd gone from one of the worst pubs in Hogsmeade to the best in only a couple of months. Tom and I had worked as servers. Aberforth realized that the place ran sounder with more help, so he hired two more waiters to help us. They were mostly at the bar, serving alcohol to wizards and witches of age.

Jasper Carrow and Wallace Moody stood there now.

Jasper had sharp features, with a nose like a scarecrow, pointed and long. His eyes were dark, and he rarely talked to anyone unless spoken to. Wallace was the complete opposite. He was an utter lady's man, and I'm positive half of the ladies here were because of him. Dark brown hair and pale blue eyes, matched with a ripped body....yeah no wonder the bar was filled with women tonight.

"Who then?" I muse, moving to take the dirty dishes from Tom's hands and place them in the sink. He leans to the side of the sink, deep in thought, watching as I washed the dishes. It was my turn to, seeing as we alternated back and forth.

"We could tell your cousins?" He provides. "They are powerful and influential with the ministry."

"That's a good idea. I think we should also tell Dippet." I offer, scrubbing a dish clean.

"Dippet? That old man? He's a fool." Tom scoffs, and I point at him.

"He's headmaster, Riddle.... meaning he's got mastery on magic. That also means if we butter him up a bit, he'll defend us against the Ministry."

"Butter? Butter him up? He's not a croissant!" Tom demands, and I groan, drying my hands on the towel by the sick.

"You damn well know what l mean!"