The Staring

Ella POV

I walked into my new school. I could feel the nervous chills running down my spine. I had just moved from Tennessee with my uncle Dan. In his opinion, it was time for a new scene which meant someone started noticing my bruises, and bruises meant trouble. I'm not too fond of new schools. Everyone always stares at you and asks you questions like where you from?

I've always been a bit shy, I guess. I'm not fond of meeting new people. It's always sounded like a risk. In some ways, it's a blessing the more secluded I am, the longer we stay.

As I opened the door to the entrance of my new, he'll hole. I was instantly greeted with stares from my new fellow schoolmates. I knew why they were staring; not only am I new, but I'm also very short; I stand a little over 5'4, but I round it up to five.

It's probably because of my uncle. I've never been given the proper meals or diet. I stopped growing in sixth grade. When all the girls got their growth spurts, I was left behind like always.

I decided not to wear my platform vans which at about an inch, instead I went for a pair of black High-top converse I found at the thrift store in our last town. I wore a long sleeve dress with black tights to hide any evidence of my uncle.

As I walked down towards the door with the signing office above it, I entered to find the receptionist. She was old and by old, I mean prune wrinkled old. She looked up as I entered with her thick-framed glasses.

"Hello dear, how can I help you?" She asked with a sweet grandma-like tone.

"Hello Ma'am, my name is Ella Lynn. I'm new to this school and was told to get my schedule here" She smiled up at me and handed me several papers, one with my schedule and one with a map of Green Everest High.

"You just have the sweetest accent, dear; where did you move from," she said

"Oh, well, I was born in Virginia but was raised in Tennessee. We move around quite a bit." I plastered a smile on my face.

"Okay dear, well, I hope you have a great first day. "And with that, I left the office.

As I looked at my schedule, I wasn't surprised by all my regular classes. I was ahead in school and took college-level classes even though I'm a junior. At Green Everest High, you have to take two electives. I was assigned art and home etc. So my first class was calculus.

I loved math. Crazy right? I don't know what it was about it, but I just liked knowing that there was always a solid answer, no mistakes. Looking at the map, I saw that my class was down the hall and to the left. As I walked, I felt eyes staring at me, not like how the other kids looked at me but staring looking around over my shoulder I saw him.

He had dark brown hair short on the sides but a little long on the top. His green eyes were so bright I could see the color even when he stood about 6 meters away from me. He was tall, very, very tall, like 6'5, no joke! I looked like a midget compared to him. He had a strong jaw and a little bit of stubble on his chin. His lips were just the right size and looked so kissable. He was muscular but in a friendly way, not a scary way. He was beautiful.

Omg, I'm staring. Stop staring!! I turned around quickly and walked straight into my class.

Hey you guys, I just wanted to say I never thought this book would get any readers. I love writing, although I'm not the best. As you read further through this book, you can see my growth.

Thank you for all the support.

XOXO- Lillian Dero