10

Note: [Text] = Thoughts-one-has | [Text]= Thoughts-one-has-but-doesn't-want-to-acknowledge-it

Warnings: the usual depressive and suicidal thoughts, angst (because we can't live without it), bouts of misplaced and rightful anger and miscommunication. If any of these triggers you, please don't read.

Author's Notes: Here's chapter 10! Sorry for such a late chapter, but I had difficulty writing it. To be honest, I wasn't planning on going with this route but the other route I had was far too out of character. And so, here we go! As an apology for writing so late, I'll give you an extra long chapter! Nearing 4.5K words, making it the longest chapter of everything I've written!

Honestly, stories can be so annoying when they start writing themselves. On the bright side, I've figured out how to include Meng Yao too! Don't worry, he'll be an interesting but minor character that will have an impact on Wei MingYu. Just a little bit.

But because this fic is basically a traumatized!WWX unintentionally saving the world while leaving the cultivation world in confusion, I have to deal with Meng Yao too. [Trust me, LXC won't be meeting him any time soon or in the way he did in Canon.]

Wei MingYu hadn't meant to tell the Wen siblings anything. In fact, he had only meant to watch them from afar and never interact. [They would be better off without him.]

And yet, fate threw a wrench to his plans. [As always.]

"I've never really said such things to you before. But now that it's today, there are indeed a few things I should say. I really won't get a chance to say them after this. I'm sorry, and thank you."

To think he would fall unconscious upon seeing the siblings, in front of said siblings. And worst of all, everyone else was there too. Uncle Four. Granny Wen. Everyone. Right in front of his eyes, working. Smiling. Alive.

"Anyhow, we should've been dead since a long time ago. These days have been a strike of luck for us."

Wei MingYu wanted to cry. And so he did.

He felt his eyes water even more when the two siblings fretting over him. He'd missed this a lot. [They were alive. They were alive!]

He doesn't remember how he got on the bed. Probably the Wen siblings.

They were stronger than they looked.

"Did you enjoy today's company?" Wen Qing asks him.

He blinked, wasn't it just morning a few minutes ago? So how did it suddenly turn into night?

He didn't realize he spoke out loud. Nor did he realize the confused and more than concerned glanced from the healer.

Nobody visited him while he was recuperating. Except Wen Qing and Wen Ning in the morning.

Wen Qing pursed her lips at his response.