*Taco Bell Trip*

Charlie's POV

I walked into the cafeteria and instantly saw my two best friends chatting away at our normal spot. I slowly walked over them with a small smile. I'm still a little confused as to why he talked to me. Well actually he talked to me to warn me, so there goes that question.

I sat down at the table slowly. Mike and Laura stopped their conversation and turned towards me, their smiles growing even more.

"Hey girl!" Laura exclaimed. I smiled softly at them and pushed up my glasses.

"Where's your food? You always have food." Mike asked raising his eyebrow. My mouth dropped. I was so caught up with the fact that Jacob talked to me that I had forgotten to grab my brownie.

"Okay, Mike I think something is wrong with her. Charlie never forgets food." Laura said putting her hand on my forehead. I rolled my eyes and slapped her hand away.

"I guess I'm just not that hungry," I said shrugging. The conversation I had with him made me lose my whole appetite.

"Okay, something definitely happened," Laura said with a questioning gaze.

"No nothing happened. I just ate a lot for breakfast and I'm no longer hungry." I lied straight through my teeth. Both Laura and Mike shrugged and continued eating.

Three class periods later

I was beyond glad school was over. It was only our first day back and I was already dreading the rest of the year. All I have to think about is the fact that this is my senior year so I need to just get it done and over with.

I walked outside and instantly smiled. I always loved being outside. When my father was still around he would take me outside almost every day in the summer to play. Now he is off with his new family living another life. I don't even consider him my father anymore. He left mother and I when he found she was getting sick. It broke us both. All he left was a small note for the both of us.

Since it was nice out I decided to walk to school, but if I am being honest I am scared too. After what I saw in the ally it scares me. When I was about to walk out of the school parking lot my eyes locked on the familiar silver ones.

He was leaning up against his car, a cigarette sat between his pointer and middle finger. He watched my every move like a hawk stalking its prey. I tore my gaze away from him and started my two-mile walk to the nearest Taco Bell. I didn't eat lunch and now I was beyond hungry.

  Honestly, I didn't even think about eating the cosmic brownie that sat in my bag. I'll save it for later.

When I got halfway down the street I heard the roar of a car. I thought it was going to go past me but I never saw the car pass. Thinking that it just turned on the street back behind me, I kept walking. Then I heard it again. The roar of the engine.

I turned around and instantly locked eyes with those silver-blue ones. Was he stalking me? He was driving his car slowly behind me, watching me like a hawk. I stopped moving and waited for him to pull up next to me. He rolled down his window and just looked at me.

"Are you following me?" I asked walking over towards his car. He just stared blankly at me.

"Get in." He said after staring at me for a few moments. My eyes widened then I frowned.

"I will not get in the car with a stranger. Haven't you heard of stranger danger?" I said crossing my arms. He rolled his eyes and motioned for me to get in. I also rolled my eyes and got in the car. I sat down, setting my bag on my lap. Just as I closed the door he was zooming forward.

"Well you see, I wanted to get Taco Bell so you can just drop me off there. I have work tonight so I will just walk straight to the diner." I said looking out the window. Without saying a word he turned on a street towards Taco Bell. A small smile played on my lips.

He pulled into a parking spot and I instantly unbuckled when the car was parked. I thought that he was just going to leave but instead, he shut off the car and unbuckled as well. I shrugged and got out of the car. I basically skipped into Taco Bell.

"What can I get yo- Oh hey Charlie." Meg, my favorite worker said with a smile. Then she looked at Jacob and froze. Obviously, she knew who he was. I smiled at her and waved slightly.

"Do you want the usual?" Meg asked. I nodded and turned towards Jacob.

"Do you want anything?" I asked. He looked at me and shook his head. I shrugged and turned back towards Meg.

"That will be $7.85." She said smiling at me. As I was pulling out my wallet to pay I saw a card getting swiped. I looked up at Jacob with my mouth dropped. He looked down at me and rolled his eyes. He just paid for my food. I looked over at Meg to see her looking at me with wide eyes. I shrugged and walked over to the drink machine.

I got my drink just as Jacob walked towards me with my food. I smiled at him and grabbed the food from him. I walked over to a booth and sat down, a huge smile sat on my lips. I instantly grabbed the taco and began eating.

All the time I ate Jacob watched me with a hooded expression. When I finished he rolled his eyes and stood up.

"You know if you roll your eyes anymore they are going to roll out of your head." I sassed. His head snapped towards me and he glared. I instantly dropped my gaze and looked towards the ground.

"Let's go." He said firmly before leading me out of Taco Bell.