Uncle

EllaEnglish class ended, and it was my overall favorite class, and my least favorite was art. I lack in the creativity category. I left the class along with the rest of my classmates and started walking home. The house Dan and I live in are about a 30-minute walk from the school. I don't mind walking through it's soothing hearing my feet tap against the pavement while I walk to my little beat. It's around 3:40 when I arrive home.

The house is blue but needs a paint job. Most of the tiles in the home are cracked, and parts of the carpet are stained. It's my favorite place I've lived with Dan so far. Why? Well, all the doors have locks on them. The last few houses we lived in didn't have a lock on the bathroom door. I would always take a chair in the bathroom with me to put up against the door. I did the same thing to my bedroom door. It was my only extra protection from Dan and his slimy friends.

Several of the houses we lived at did little to keep me comfortable and safe. So from a young age, you pick up things. Always find a way to lock the door. Don't get too close to a stove you've never used in an old house, and always make sure you have an exit route.As I walked into the house, I quickly head down the hallway and enter my room, quietly shutting the door. If Dan is asleep, I don't want to be the one to wake him up. That would cause problems. Once the door is shut, I run to my bed and pull my laptop out of my backpack. As I go to my email, I see what I've been waiting for an email from the diner's manager asking for an interview. The manager Hank wants me to be interviewed tomorrow at 4:30. Perfect!!! I respond to the email, agreeing to meet him at the diner.

I am putting the laptop away and sticking it in my backpack. Knowing that I've had a long day, I put on my pajamas. I've had the same pair of Hello Kitty pajamas since 5th grade. They've started to thin out, and soon after I get a job, I'll be able to buy some new ones finally.

I walk into the bathroom quickly and shut the door softly to avoid any noise, and start brushing my teeth. I was blessed with my mother's straight teeth and small nose; my dad gave me his thick hair. I look at my body dissatisfaction echoed on my face. I hate how thin and short I am. We don't know where I get my height from. I looked week and pale. I started weaving my hair into a French braid down my back. To keep it out of my face and to prevent tangles as I sleep. That way, all I have to do in the morning is unbraid and let the waves loose. After washing my face, I headed off to bed. I was hungry, but Dan hasn't gone to the store yet, and if I bothered him, I'd get a beating.

I slowly entered my room, making sure to lock the door and tucked myself in, praying that someday my life would be different, that I'd be different, that I'd have someone to embrace me in love and affection, and I return to give him my everything.

Closing my eyes, I dreamt of a beautiful life with the brown-haired boy.