34. The New Crystal Gems

So this week I got all my Steven Universe VA autograph cards framed and I thought you guys might like to see them :)

 The Roaming Eye arrives back on Earth and lands on the beach in front of the Crystal Temple. Connie opens the front door and runs out of the beach house in excitement, as Steven, Greg, Y/n and the Crystal Gems emerge from the ship.

"Oh, good old, natural sand. That fancy zoo sand was too fine for me." Greg says.

"Hey! Steven!" Connie cries out.

"Connie!" Steven calls back.

Connie runs and hugs Steven and giggles. "You're back, and you're okay! Did you get your ears pierced?" She asks.

"Oh man, you're not going to believe what happened! We went to a far-off space station! We made some new friends! We warped the space-time continuum! Sorry we left you behind." Steven says.

"It's okay. You were really worried about your dad. I'm just glad you're all back safe." Connie says. 

"Yep. All thanks to this guy. Greg says and pulls Steven in for a hug, and Steven blushes.

" Did anything happen while we were gone?" Y/n asks.

"Uhh... Lion behaved himself. I restocked all the cereal and washed all the towels." Connie says.

"Sounds like everything went well." Steven comments.

"Well... there was a little trouble." Connie admits and Y/n looks at her raising a brow while crossing his arms.

Connie begins retelling her tale, setting a flashback to the point before Steven, Y/n and the Crystal Gems left for space.

Connie begins narrating. "When I got that call from you, I could tell you had a lot going on."

Connie was in her living room, talking on the phone with Steven.

"Dad's in trouble, and we need to go into space to get him back." Steven says on the Phone to Connie.

Connie puts Rose's Sword on her back. "I can be there in 15! Or actually, maybe 20-25 because I might have to take the bus-" Connie says.

"There's no time. We're going right now. Just... protect Beach City for me while we're gone." Steven says on the phone still. 

"You can count on me!" Connie hangs up the call and took a deep breath.

"It was a big job for one person, but I felt up to the challenge." Connie begins to narrate again.     "I made your way over to your house. And that's when I realized I wasn't alone."