Chapter 18

Y/N wakes up early in the morning and realizes he's in bed. He looks over to his side and sees Leslie sleeping next to him. He kisses her on the forehead and her stomach. He then slowly gets out of the bed not trying to wake her up. She still doesn't show too much but has been more tired recently.

Once he's out of the bed he puts on his regular clothes and quietly leaves the room. He then leaves the house and walks outside to be met with a breeze from the wind. It's been more windy lately so it's probably gonna get colder as the days pass by. People are already outside or barely getting there. He receives some waves and he waves back. At first it was hard to lead the settlement on his own, but now that he has Leslie leading with him it's been much easier.

He walks over to Mary's house and steps on the porch, he then knocks on the door and waits for a while until the door opens and he is met with Joseph half dressed. His pants are on but his shirt is missing and what looks like two dark spots on his neck.

Y/N: "Am I interrupting something?"

Joseph: "N-no no, not at all, why?"

Y/N points at his neck and Joseph realizes what he's talking about. Y/N starts silently laughing while Joseph is getting more embarrassed.

Joseph: "Shut it. Don't act like you haven't done it before."

Y/N: "Not this early you freaks." He's still chuckling.

Joseph: "You can't be talking, you got Leslie pregnant. And you're barely adults!"

Y/N stops chuckling and squints his eyes.

Y/N: "Alright, touché."

Joseph chuckles.

Joseph: "What do you need?"

Y/N: "I need to talk to you and Mary."

Joseph: "Alright, hold on."

He closes the door and Y/N stands outside waiting for them. The door opens a while later to reveal Mary in a robe and Joseph with a shirt on this time.

Mary: "Hey, Y/N. What do you need?"

Y/N: "I'm going out in a bit and I was wondering if you could watch over Leslie while I'm gone."

Joseph: "Who's going with you?

Y/N: "Nobody. Just me."

Mary: "Why? What are you gonna get?"

Y/N: "I want to get some things for the baby, I don't really need anybody to come with me since it'll be fast."

Mary: "Does Leslie know?"

Y/N: "No."

Mary: "No? Why not?"

Y/N: "She's asleep right now. Besides, she wouldn't let me go by myself."

Mary: "Well it's for a good reason."

Y/N: "I know but if I go solo, it'll be quicker. I'll also take one of the walkie talkies so if you or she need something."

Mary and Joseph look at each other while they decide.

Mary: "Alright. But you need to tell her, she's gonna be worried."

Y/N: "That's what the walkie talkie is for. I'll leave a note as well.

Mary: "Okay."

Y/N: "Alright, I'll see you at the gate."

He steps off the porch and makes his way back into his house. He enters his room and sees Leslie still asleep. He grabs a piece of paper and a pen and writes a note for her. Once he's finished he places it on the nightstand beside her side of the bed. He kneels down next to her and softly runs his fingers through her hair.