Part 16: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

I used Magdalene's advice as a base and reformed Spade's laws. Technically it is almost the same with Clover Country's laws but with more restrictions.

The citizens now have the right to appeal a punishment they deemed unfair. I formed a new jurisdiction that is not biased with nobles nor the citizens. These people are immigrant from the other three countries. It was a long process to find the right people who have higher sense of Justice than normal and have the knowledge with laws or willing to study the laws.

Moreover, I have given them a chance to change a law, or add more, but with my permission after I study the changes they are trying to do. However when the nobles found out about it, they insist that they have the right to be given a chance to change a law. They argued that they know Spade more than the foreigners I hired, so I had no choice but give in. It added more work on my desk but the country is finally taking a shape.

In my desk are two contradicting documents that I was given at the same time this morning. One is from one of my appointed judge, this person originated from Diamond Country. He heard a plea from a low born scholar who wants to have the same opportunities as the nobles in terms of education.

Because Spade had the strict bureaucracy, the education had been limited for common bloods. It was a restriction the nobles put, so that, the citizens are unable to comprehend further against the rules and laws they passed. Which the second document on my hand about. It seems that the nobles under the Duke of Pisces became aware of the little movement the citizens are trying to do. The nobles wants to restrict the education and with a reason of, the younger nobles are scared to be with the common people.

"What kind of ridiculous reason is that?" I went to the Academy in Diamond and with the education system there, the common blood can enter as long as they are qualified with great amount of knowledge, talent and tact. With the mixture of young people with different level of class, it is obvious who suffered the most. Common people does not hold any kind of power and all they have are themselves, what is there to be scared of them?

"They should just be honest and say the nobles do not want the citizens to get smarter."

The voice at my back made me jumped from my seat.

"What?! Benjamin?"

"Long time no see my friend." He stretch his arms forward and wants to have an act of embrace which made me shiver and stopped him with one hand.

"Aww, you are as Cold as ever." He said while sucking his point finger.

"Stop that!"

He mockingly laugh and went to the couch and sat comfortably.

"I heard you missed me terribly and you sent such a cute Butler to find me."

"You have not change, not one bit."

He chuckled.

"So I assumed Kaleid brought you here." He should had informed me first.

"Oh, if you are looking for him, he smelt a good aroma of tea and hurriedly ran to a corridor next to a beautiful green garden with an Acacia tree."

"He might went and tended on my wife."

"Wife! Goodness gracious, you grew up wonderfully my little Joe."

"Seriously stop that."

We heard a gentle giggle outside the room, Kaleid might be coming with Magdalene with tea and snacks.

"Oh by the way, your cute little Butler is so aggressive. He stripped me naked as soon as he met me."

"I did not!!!" Kaleid burst the door open after Banjamin's statement.

"Oh my!" Magdalene gasp with a soft blush and giggle.

"That is wrong my Lady! I simply removed his gloves!"

"Ahhh... Your skin touching mine.."

"No it did not!!"

"Kaleid, he is doing that to get reaction out of you. Gloves... I never remember you being such a conservative person, Benjamin."

"My dear Kaleid, mind you close the door please."

After Kaleid did so. Benjamin came forward to my desk and pull out the glove on his left hand. On top of his hand rest the Diamond seal.

'I knew it.'

"Well it actually came out when we are still in academy. Well I am quite aware of what my future holds, when everyone finds out, so I ran away."

He said while rubbing the back of his head and sticking out his tongue.

I sighed heavily, and to calm my tended nerves, magdalene put down a cup of tea on my table. It have strong smell of Jasmine.

"Do you want some too?" Magdalene offered him a cup of tea.

"If you do not mind, my Lady."

Benjamin watch Magdalene pour the tea on the cup.

"A lady from the Clover Country."

"My, I am surprised you know right away, sir Benjamin."

"Hehehe, you do not have to be polite, I am not a noble."

"You are the next Emperor." I intervene

Benjamin accepts the tea and sat comfortably on the couch. "You were looking for me the past year, I know about it and actually I hidden myself from you."

I quietly observed his demeanor. Benjamin, might ran away and disappears again if we do not handle this moment right.

"He is my Father, that man on the top of the Empire."

Benjamin calmly declare, I and Magdalene, just listen carefully but Kaleid dropped some snacks on the floor from shock.

"You are the best Kaleid!"

"S-shut up!"

'These two got disturbingly close.'

"Well, apparently, my mother was the previous Heart bearer, but she was tossed out when the seal disappeared from her body. She was already outside of the castle when she found out she is pregnant. Out of her rage, she gave birth and sent the boy to an orphanage and killed herself there after. Same cliché tragic story."

"How could you act like this?"

"That is how it is, we cannot really change anything, I had my suspicions when the seal appeared on my body and I investigated, I was young and I was mad too and that is why I left the Empire."

"So you were not in the Empire, no wonder the Duke of Libra cannot find you."

"I wondered around, the seal helped me to get by, it was so easy to earn money with so much talent you know."

"I cannot believe you treated the most valuable seal like that." Kaleid said with unbelievable expression.

"Then why are you back?"

"Hmm... It was a weird feeling."

"Weird feeling?"

"Joe, it is the feeling of impending doom." Magdalene added.

"Huh?"

"That is right! I dunno, I feel like something bad will happen if I do not start marching back here to the Empire."

"I do not understand."

"Even I was confused. Then I was just outside the border of Spade when I felt the Clover."

Benjamin looked at Magdalene and she just smiled back.

"You guys can sense each other?"

"Hmm, it feels like a comrade telepathy? Then, I heard all this reforms going on. The citizens have mixed opinions and made me so curious, and that is when I entered the Spade and had a fateful encounter with a cute Butler."

"Stop making it sound like a romantic novel!!"

"Ahhh~ your reactions are the best snacks for this wonderful tea." He sipped his tea with the most contented eerie smile.

'This creep'