22: Woods

"He's my goddamn cousin!!!", Taehyung shrieked.

Silence~

"A Cow shit?", Yerin said, brows furrowed. Jungkook blurted out laughing while I facepalmed.

"Don't mind her. She has hearing issues-"

"Bitch, I do not?", Yerin said and I heaved a sigh. "Well, Thank god then."

"So we were saying. Woo Bin is a cow shit? Taehyung, this is a statement. A fact. He basically is shit for playing with Minhee's feelings like that-"

"Yerin!", I covered her mouth, looking over at Taehyung with an uneasy smile. I mean my best friend just called my ex-crush shit right in front of his cousin.

This girl i swear to god. I'm gonna whoop her arse when we get back.

Not long, Yerin spat on my hand and I slapped her arm using that hand, causing her to swear at me so loud that everyone in the restaurant turned around to look at us.

Embarrassing indeed.

I realized what was happening and I stood up from my seat then walked out of the restaurant. I just- I don't know.

I am very confused, embarrassed, sad-

I stopped in my tracks when I felt a tight grip on my wrist, causing me to immediately look back. Taehyung.

"You-you're crying.", he said, voice soft.

I stared at him for a second and then touched my face only to realize that there were tears indeed. I broke away from Taehyung's grasp and quickly wiped away my tears, sniffling.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay? Did I trigger something that I shouldn't have?", he questioned me with those sad eyes of his.

"No, it really isn't because of you. It's just-", I paused, not knowing how to answer. Heck, I am confused myself.

"I'm just really confused and I don't like that...", I squeaked. Taehyung sighed.

"Mind telling me what's on your mind?", he smiled, causing me to melt at his tone.

"I'm-"

"So, that I can call you mine? Oh, did I just rhyme?", he said with a playful smirk. I paused for a few seconds then let out an ugliest laugh ever. I kept laughing for like thirty seconds straight.

"What-what was that even?", I said out of breath, my tummy getting painful from all that laughing.

"Ah. I just love it when you're happy.", he said and I stopped suddenly, looking at him with huge doe eyes.

Silence~

"Do you like me or something?", I asked and Taehyung took three steps back.

"O...k That came out from nowhere, young miss.", he said and I wheezed.

"Ha! Gotcha! You kept doing that to me. How does it feel like to taste your own medicine, mister?", I said and Taehyung sighed, looking relieved.

"Very sweet, Minhee. Very sweet.", Taehyung rolled his eyes but had a smile on his face nonetheless. I giggled.

I acted like nothing serious but the truth is I really wondered about that question. Not just one, I had a lot on my mind actually.

Why are you so nice to me?

Why do you care about me?

Why do you keep showing up?

Why do you do things that keep me getting my hopes up?

Do you like me, Kim Taehyung?

Do I like Kim Taehyung?

"Anyways. Out of all seriousness though, talk to me! I'm all ears! Do you still like Woo Bin? I can help you with him.", he suddenly said and it bursted. The bubble I had in my mind literally just bursted.

"He's single right now. He told me that there's this girl he couldn't forget in highschool. Could be a high chance that it's you because I mean-", Taehyung paused as he took a moment to look at me. "Who could ever forget someone like you.", he softly said and I'm completely confused.

Taehyung was acting like some second male lead in a kdrama and I hate myself for comparing this entire situation to a kdrama.

I took a deep breath, trying not to cry. Call me dramatic but I cry whenever I'm confused. Being confused is the scariest thing for me. It's like you're lost in the woods, seeing two paths that look exactly the same.

"You really wanna know what's on my mind, Tae?", I asked. Taehyung nodded.

"I couldn't give two shits about Woo Bin right now. He's my first love. He still has a special place in my heart right now. I'll always have a soft spot for him. But, no. I'm not going back to that pitiful self. I won't. Ever. And the reason I'm crying right now is—"

"Is that so?", a familiar deep voice cut off my sentence. I froze in my position. I didn't dare to turn around because I know that voice. I really do. How could I forget?

The next thing I heard was a sigh. "What to do though? I think about you everyday but you won't come back to me.", the voice said.

Taehyung was taking small steps back, trying to leave the scene quietly. It was pretty ironic.

My first love was right behind me and all I wanted to do was shout out loud to make my bias stay.

_______

The reason I'm crying right now is I know you have a thing for me, Taehyung. And I deep down know you wouldn't take any steps towards me starting from now on because you wouldn't break your cousin's heart.

The words I didn't have a chance to say.

________

[ a/n: whoops. back at it again!! missed me? :3]