Chapter nineteen

(Harry's POV)

I dig the blade deeper into the tree and sketch out our initials. The metal scrapes at the brown bark and engraves them into the heart. I smile at it, and so does Louis. I still can't believe he said 'yes'. Everything is finally starting to come together.

Thunder cracks from above us, causing Louis to whimper and me to look up. Grey clouds have formed, covering the sky and making everything rather dull. Rain still drizzles from above, but is now starting to get worse.

"Let's go inside now, okay?" I suggest, holding out my hand for him to take. He smiles and intertwines out fingers, and we start walking down the long path. Louis pulls up his hood to protect his precious hair. It soon starts pouring, and the clouds start dropping huge, cold drops from above.

"Harry?" Louis squeaks as we walk. I barely hear him over the sound of the leaves crunching under our feet and the loud rain.

"Yes LouBear?" I reply.

"What are we going to tell our parents? Our friends?" he asks, stopping in his tracks, completely ignoring the pouring rain above us. I stop too, but I keep my hand attached to his. He faces me, and I stare at his beautiful features. He's so perfect. His blue eyes are so crisp and enchanting, and his face is covered in water droplets from the rain.

"I'm not sure. What do you think we should do?" I admit. I didn't really have a plan when I asked him out. I just did what felt right.

"I don't know..." he trails off.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to tell anybody about us quite yet, y'know?" I say honestly.

"Yeah, me too. So this stays between us?" he asks.

I nod, "Sure. But do you mind if I tell Jenna and Liam? They're my best friends. I promise they won't tell anybody."

Lou smiles, "Of course."

I grin and squeeze his hand tighter, "I really like you Louis."

"I really like you, too." he says.

"What do you like about me?" I ask.

He laughs, "Everything. I like your eyes. I like your voice. I like your personality. I like your wild curls," he says, bringing one of his hands up to my hair. He plays with the wet curls behind my ear, bringing our bodies closer together.

We're so close that I can feel him breathing. His lips are ajar, letting out hot, short, breaths. He keeps his hand in my curls and his eyes locked with mine.

I smirk and bring my lips closer, pressing them against his. His lips dance with mine in the perfect melody of the rain. This time the kiss is more passionate rather than shy. I put my hands on his hips to make sure he stays close. One of my hands still has a gauze wrapped around it. He's mine. All mine. He moves his lips slower, savoring every second of it, letting his soft lips desperately touch mine. A kiss in the rain. This is perfect.

I pull away slowly but keep my face close to his. I breathe out heavily, still keeping my eyes locked with his. There's a fraction of silence before I say anything. I gulp nervously and say what's on my mind.

"This isn't going to be easy."

Louis furrows his eyebrows, "What?" he asks confused.

"This. Us... It's not going to be easy."

He bites his lip, "No, it's not." he admits, "But we're worth it."

I smile, "Good. I agree." I say, just as a bright flash erupts in the sky, followed by a loud boom of thunder. Then another one. "Let's go inside now." I say, grabbing his hand for a second time.