𝟎𝟕

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ━═☆

What irritated her most in that entire situation was the fact that she wasn't feeling humiliated, or annoyed, or even fooled. Betrayal was what she felt, her heart was broken not just by a boy she was in love with, but also by, as she once believed, a true friend.

Charlotte, yet again, followed her compassionate instincts and sneaked out of the Gilbert's residence before running straight to the Salvatores' mansion.

Instead of finding Stefan or Damon or even Giuseppe Salvatore, she had found Birdie Mae, Katherine's loyal maid.

She wasn't quick to assume that Birdie Mae was a demonic creature, so she chose to simply ask her where they had gone.

"Birdie Mae, where is Stefan?"

The maid, turned her head up, surprised to see anyone still here, "Mr. Stefan and Damon went after Miss Katherine, I assume you already know why."

Charlotte nodded, about to leave to the place where Johnathan said the vampires will be rounded up. She assumed that the Salvatores would be already there.

"Miss Charlotte, if I were you I wouldn't risk going... You could die from just the assumption of being a sympathizer...," Birdie Mae advised the Bernard girl.

"Thank you, but I have to go either way."

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte Bernard wasn't quite the healthy, exercise daily type of girl. She just kept a diet and that was all. Running, what seemed like miles, in a tight dress and high heels was quite hard but she had to be there, to try her best to prevent his death, even if risking her own.

"Stefan!" Charlotte called out, as she reached a truck where the vampires where held, a girl and a man stood outside talking as her shout caught them off guard.

"Katherine, you should run," The Lockwood said, in a hurry.

Katherine chuckled, "I will, I will, but not just yet."

Charlotte had stopped running when she arrived meters away from the two, recognizing them to be Katherine Pierce and the Mayor's son.

"Katherine...," Charlotte muttered, stepping back. It wouldn't be a lie that the Bernard girl was afraid out of her mind, if Henry, a confederate soldier, was sucked dry by someone like her then she would stand a chance.