Chapter Two

~We all need that someone who gets you like no one else, right when you need it the most ~
Alone ptII by Alan Walker & Ava Max.

Corrine

I pushed the door open, trying to act confident, as I stride towards my first class. Swallowing harshly, I try to calm the erratic and wild beatings if my heart. School is one place I dreaded and whenever I came here, it never ended well for me. I was lucky I was in my final year though. I was finally going to leave this hell hole and honestly I couldn't wait for the remaining two weeks of highschool.

Even then, I was still an outcast and you know what I wore my title proudly. I was different and I embraced it. It doesn't mean it didn't or doesn't hurt to know what I won't have a mate but I need to embrace it anyway. I need to accept it and move one and make my life worthwhile.

The moon goddess must really hate me by not providing me a mate and honestly, I couldn't change my fate. Maybe when I do grow old, I'll adopt some few kids in an orphanage and care for them as my own. I have always really loved kids and maybe my life would have a purpose.

Shaking my head to class, I head to class my head bowed down, just like it has always been since I joined school. Luckily for me, bruises that I got healed a lot faster because of the werewolf gene in me. Taking a deep breath, I push the door to my first class open and immediately, everyone's faces snaps towards me. Instantly harsh whispers echoes through the still classroom. They were doing a poor job whispering anyway because I could hear everything loud and clear. I am a werewolf for goddess's sake!

Ignoring them, I walk over to my sit, dropping my bag on the floor. Slumping on my sit, I remove my notebook as I start doodling random stuff on it.

"Hey, Corrine." Someone whispers interrupting me and tapping my shoulder. I grit my teeth in sheer anger, clenching my fist tightly that my knuckles turn white. I know whatever the person is planning to say or do won't end well for me. Ignoring the person, I lay my head on my cold desk.

"Corrine." Came the tap once again and I clench my fist tightly, biting my tongue harshly before I could lose my cool and say something I was sure I was going to regret.

"Corrine." Tap.

Tap. Tap.

"Corrine." Tap.

"What?!" I growl, my eyes flashing as my wolf tries to surface and teach the stupid wolf and teach the pathetic wolf who had more power. That was the problem about me too, I've always loved power and whenever someone tried to control me, my wolf usually took over trying to gain control and harm them. Reasons for this are unknown to me too.

My blue eyes snaps and meets with the brown ones of Chase. I sigh deeply, controlling my temper. It just had to be Chase Silver, the next in line for alpha. This is just so cliche. The big bad alpha trying to get on the hated she wolf's nerves. Rubbing my temples in pure annoyance, I glare at him.

"What do you want, Chase?" I hiss in irritation. He really loves torturing me doesn't he?

"You wound me, babe." He pouts, before a smirk makes it's way to his plump lips. Whatever is running through his mind right now was, is obviously not good.

"I'm having a party tonight. You know where I'm going to find my mate and all and I wanted you to come." He states, eyes glowing with something I couldn't place and my stomach immediately began to churn. I absolutely loathed parties. I always ended up getting hurt either physically or emotionally. Sometimes both.

Why even would I go? I mean it's not like I was going to miraculously get a mate or anything. This was also really suspicious. Why would Chase Silver, the big bad alpha invite me, Corrine Star Wisteria, an outcast of the pack? Making a choice, I reply.

"That's so sweet of you, Chase but no thank you." I reply, a sickly sweet smile plastered on my lips. His smirk falters and the Chase I know appears back.

"Your lose. Why even would I want you there? More importantly, why even are you alive? I mean you don't have a mate, right? Are you sure you can even get kids? You were just a nightstand. You don't even know who your father is, right. Poor Corrine." He smirks proudly and my eyes get glassy. That hurt more than I wanted to admit.

I know I was a mistake. I was just a nightstand and each and everyday of my life, I battled with my thoughts trying to convince myself that my life actually had a purpose. Chase however knew how to hurt me. Call me crazy but I actually preferred physical pain rather than emotional pain because emotions are weird. It makes us for crazy things and honestly right now I was wondering if my life is actually worth it.

Blinking severally, I manage to prevent myself from crying and embarrassing myself any further. Life is cruel. I learnt that the hard way. People loves it when you are in utter pain.

Before he could hurt me any further, the door slams open as an out of breath calculus teacher makes his way in. Apologizing furiously, he begins the lesson and I somehow manage to pay attention even though my heart was hurting so bad.

******

Rubbing my elbow that someone had 'accidentally' slammed against a locker, I walked out of school towards home.

I was beyond glad that my mom wasn't home. I didn't even know where she went and honestly, I didn't care. I loved her but sometimes I prefer when she isn't around to torture me and hurt me. Well by torture I mean, emotional torture. She is my mom and somehow she didn't really hurt me that much compared to the rest of the pack.

Getting home, I immediately flop on my bed, playing a random game. I wanted to prepare a scrumptious dinner for myself since Mom would not be home. I wanted to enjoy my freedom for as long as I had it. I had the two days planned out and absolutely nothing was going to ruin it for me, not even Chase or my tormenting thoughts.

Even though I hate being lonely, I sometimes appreciate it because I get to think deeply about some things in my life and how to deal with them.

Thirty minutes later, I throw my phone on my bed, before heading down to prepare myself dinner. I could already feel the growling of my stomach.

I sure was going to enjoy this two days.

Well that's what I thought.

****

Just to get it clear, Chase is NOT Corrine's mate and never will he be. That would be so cliche.

I have other plans for this book.

I changed the title from Out of Order to Haphazard Mistake.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I am writing.

Please,

Comment. Share. Vote.😘😘