↘︎ chapter forty-one

41 | The Second Task

"Told you, bro." smirked Fred Weasley toward his younger twin brother George Weasley. It had passed around a week since the Yule Ball and the students were back in school after their winter break, this time Marley Macmillan and George were dating. For quite obvious reasons, she was happy, and even the fatigue of studying didn't obscure her happiness.

Now she was in the Gryffindor common room with Lina, Fred, George and Lee. Marley read the notes she kept, with George next to her, his hand pressed against her shoulders, his fingers nervously playing with a strand of her hair. Lee stood grinning and lonely against them. It turned out that Fred and Angelina had successfully completed their plan. Their plan was to get Marley and George into action (dating), but they didn't have to go together to the ball (unnecessarily stupid). Because Fred and Lina had the idea of ​​abandoning them in the middle of the ball and then both having to be alone and confess their feelings for each other. It would have been easier if Fred had just let George invite Marley.

"Yes, you don't have to say it thousand times." George just rolled his eyes but also smiled. "I understood, but if you again try to ruin my plans or insult my dick, you'll meet my bat."

"Your dick?" Marley raised her eyebrows and looked at George confused, trying to hold her laughter. She shared a look with Lina, but the three boys just burst out laughing. "You know what, I don't wanna know your conversation with Fred about your dick."

"Well, in a couple of months, you'll think otherwise." mumlbed quietly George, giggling. This time Lina suddenly laughed a little too loudly, but her dark face quickly became red. Marley's cheeks flushed but she smirked and bit her lower lip.

"Then I hope you know how to fuck." she said and leaned on the sofa again, George continuing playing with her hair. Her boyfriend looked surprised and proud of her at the same time, while Fred, Lina and Lee were laughing their asses off.

"Admit it, Georgie." said Fred, pointing at Marley with his chin. "She exactly know how to flirt with you and you should be thankful she has this dirty mind."

"Do you doubt in me, Weasel?" raised eyebrows Marley, leaving her quill and the heavy textbooks on the little table in front of her. "My father is James Potter, so I'm the best at that."

"I think your confidence is high to the sky, Mar." joked George. "But I like how you hide your dirty side under the mask of sweet and innocent girl."

Marley couldn't help but smiled.

***

Today was 24th February and day of the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament. Everyone was gathered around the Black Lake and expecting the four Champions to come and take their places. Marley was kind of nervous. She had arrived with Fred and George, Lina and Lee around ten minutes ago and it was passing nine twenty in the morning. Cedric, Fleur and Krum were already here, but there was no clue of Harry Potter. Where was he?

"What's taking him so long?" Marley tapped her feet nervously on the soft ground, still looking for her brother Harry to emerge from the castle. Had he fallen asleep late at night and overslept? They couldn't have started without him. However, he was also a Champion.

"I'm sure he'll come." said George, comforting her. His arm was around her shoulders and Marley instinctively raised a hand, intertwining their fingers. Recently, they had become accustomed to walking the corridors that way. Marley liked it, too - not that she needed a protector, but that gesture showed that she could always count on George. Still, she had known him for nearly five years and they also had strong friendship, not only in a romantic way. "That's Harry we're talking about. He'll come."