Chapter 9

That night on New Year's Eve, when the city walls of Jianguo were broken through, was also during such a bitterly cold winter. Upon entering the palace, Yan Feili's crew had split up to find that emperor's figure. All while inside that palace, was a scene of chaos, as an unending slew of fallen corpses lay strewn over every visible inch, and a whatever servants were left, were scrambling for their lives.

Yan Fieli had no time—spared no time—to heed them, for a country under destruction was itself just a disaster, and as such, those people were simply all the victims of a catastrophe.

He found and grabbed a high-ranking eunuch who had served the inner palace, that man trembling as told him the emperor had already escaped with a group of armed guards. So Yan Feili released him, then rushed to his own horse to give chase, chasing that emperor all the way to the Imperial Palace's Houshan Mountain.

Atop that hillside, a great number of
corpses belonging to Jianguo's guards were lain, including those of some great experts, who's fresh blood gushing out in streams and still very much filled with warmth—meaning it had not been long since they fell. Such a visage left Yan Feili shocked.

Following this, at the foot of Mount Houshan, under a moonlit sky, the awed man could have sworn he had seen another "Bright Moon" below.

Below, that youth, had his entire form was clad in white; a double-edged flexible sword[1] clasped in his hand; exuding an air of icy elegance, much like a blossom in winter—seeming to be above all, like a god over the earth, as he stood within a sea of crimson blood.

With the radiant moon filled heaven shining behind him, the faint silvery hue of the moonlight seemed as if it emanated from within his own form. His beautiful, snow-like robe sleeve fluttering lightly, as beside him, an encirclement of scattered and broken corpses, including the ones of those twelve elite masters, lay. While before him, cowering weakly to such an extent it seemed like his soul had long departed from his body, was the emperor of Jianguo wearing a face paled in fear and trembling in pure fright. The sight further increasing the youth's callous grandeur, making the young man appear undefeatable by anyone existing in this world.

And Yan Feili loved the strong—he adored the strong.

Only the powerful could survive in these current troubled times; only the powerful could forge a new world for the sake of those who are weak! So with just that one instance, with no words needing to be said—with no reasons having to be stated—Yan Feili was profoundly subdued by the youth before his eyes. Climbing off his horse, he made his way to that young man.

Yan Feili soon saw a silver ring attached to the youth's left ear, a fierce and threatening flying dragon carved on top. The glittering of that silver ring in the moonlight, tricking one into thinking it was itself shining.

"Who are you?" the young man questioned coldly. The faint scent of plum blossoms wafting under the moonlit sky, made Yan Feili become a bit absentminded.

"I am called Yan Feili.[2]"

"So you're the leader of the rebel forces." the young man narrowed his eyes, inspecting the other man closely.

He had long heard of Jianguo's Rebel Army's campaign, the outstanding military successes they had achieved, as well as being regarded as a strong army in their own right. But their leader was unexpectedly young.

"Did you come here to kill him!" using his sword to point towards that fatuous emperor, he more stated to Yan Feili rather than asked.

"Yes!" Yan Feili turned to look at that incompetent, barely hanging on to consciousness and foaming at the mouth, person.