Chapter 34: Dinner

We all walk down the hallway following Jane and Alec. I wore a casual comfortable outfit and my hair covers my neck just in case. We made it to two doors as it opens for us. We all walked inside to see the three kings already sitting down drinking in a goblet. Aro stood up and gave a soft smile towards us.

"Aahh, Welcome! Please, sit." Aro motions and we all sat down. I sat between Edward and Jasper as a human maid walks in with a plate of food. She placed it in front of me as I looked at it seeing it was a steak.

"Do not worry, there is no poison. We hired the best of the best for our guest of course." Aro smiles towards me while I was still unsure about it. A cup was placed in front of me as I looked to see red liquid.

"I don't...drink alcohol." I told them as Aro hums and indicated the maid to take it which she did before leaving.

"Go on." Aro encourages as I looked at Edward and he gently pat my back before I look it. I grab the knife and fork as I slowly cut the steak in a small piece before eating it. I chewed for a bit before looking at Edward as he looks at me.

I'm vegan. I thought to him as his eyes widen a little.

"Why didn't you tell them?" He asked in a whisper as I forced to swallow the meat down.

"I didn't want to be rude." I told him with worry as Edward sighs before pushing the plate away.

"She's vegan." Edward announces and I look down to my hands.

"Of course she is." Caius says and I kept my eyes down embarrassed.

"Jessy." Aro calls as the human maid walks out.

"Take the steak and tell the chef to have vegan related food." Aro says and the maid nods before walking over and taking my plate then leaving the room.

"So, your concert was wonderful. Especially the last song. Very captivating." Aro smiles towards me seemingly sincere and I gave a slight smile back.

"Thank you." I mumbled softly before looking away towards Carlisle. He gave me a soft smile to ease me up as I returned it and smiled as well.

"Jasper." Carlisle says and Jasper nodded before sending me some calmness as I held his hand and smiled softly.

"Thank you." I whispered to him and he nods his head before I let his hand go. The maid arrived and placed a plate in front of me and water.

"Thank you." I told her with a smile as she looks at me before giving a soft smile as well. She seems to be on her 50's with slight grey hair on her black ones and some wrinkles. She walks away and into the back as I began eating.

"Carlisle, how are you?" Aro asked and they communicated while I ate my meal. I felt someone staring at me as I looked up and turned my head catching Marcus's eyes. He kept his towards mine and narrowing them a little while I look confused and a little uncomfortable.

I looked towards Edward who gave me a knowing look before he kissed my head. I felt his forehead against mine as I sighed softly. We heard a slight gasped and we look towards Alice as she looks at us with worry.

"She's gone." She tells us and we looked at her confused.

"What? Who?" Esme asked her and her eyes went towards me with sadness.

"I'm sorry." She mouthed and I looked at her confused before my phone rang. I grab my phone and looked to see my mom's ID.

"E-Excuse me." I stood up and left the room before answering the phone call.

"Mom?" I called as I hear her crying from the other line.

"She...She's gone, Blair." Mom sobs out and I was confused and worried.

"Who mom? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked as she sobs more.

"Bella...she's gone. She...She committed suicide baby. She heard your song...and...and she killed herself." She tells me as my heart crushes. I felt tears run down my eyes as I breath heavy.

"N-No....s-she can't be gone. Mommy, s-she can't." I denied as she cries harder. I backed away a bit as I held the phone against my ear closing my eyes.

"When?" I mumbled and crossed my arms.

"I showed her a video of a song you made for her that your manager sent for me to listen to. She cried, baby. She regretted everything she did and...and she handed me a letter before leaving. I sent it to your father. He knows it too...I don't know what happened to him baby and I know you are far. Please call and make sure his okay." Mom assures me as I sighed and let tears fall as I inhaled sharply.

"Y-Yes...I will. I promise." I told her.

"Be careful. I can't loose you too." She whispers with a broken tone and I leaned against the wall.

"I promise." I whispered as she sobs again and hanged up. I lowered my phone and cried as I slowly slide down the wall feeling weak. I fell onto my knees and cried in pain before punching the wall hard breaking my hand.

"Blair." I was moved away from the wall that has my blood on it as I cried harder. Edward held onto me as I hugged him crying onto his shoulders.

"She's gone...She's gone." I cried and held onto him tightly and he held me close. I cried heavily feeling that it was all my fault that I lost her.

"No, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." Edward says holding me close to him. I cried harder as he held me tightly.

"Edward, bring her to her room to rest." Carlisle says and Edward carried me as I held onto him. I felt a hand on me as well as someone kissing my head, but I was too much in pain to look at who it was.

——Aro

I watched as Blair and Edward walked away with Jane following behind them. I looked over at Caius who was not looking my way, but towards the floor as he held the goblet on his hand before placing it on the table.

"I'll be with my mate." He whispers and left as Marcus left as well probably to the library. I let the Cullens leave as they walked away from me before I went to the throne room and sat on mine. Never once have I felt remorse, sympathy, or anything towards a human...but this is different. I do not know why...but this feeling of seeing her in soo much pain made me feel sympathy for her. I looked towards the entrance of the throne room as it opens revealing Jane and she bows down.

"How is she?" I asked her as she stood up straight.

"In pain, sire." She answers and I nodded before dismissing her.