Chapter 9: Fake marriage & babies

A/N: 02.03.20

New update 🤫 btw, chapter 10 will.be available on Patreon in a few hours hour! You can click the link in my bio for early March updates~

For quotes & pics of cute boys, you can follow me on instagram: @letsgohomehidee

Would any of you be interested in reading my books if I drew them into webcomics/webtoons? 🤔

🍒🍒🍒

The next day, Noah and Micka ate breakfast at the school cafeteria. Each table had Bordeaux-red clothes hung over them and baskets of warm bread, baked goods, freshly squeezed juice and ripe fruit.

They stared at the buffet of food in shock, wondering if they had just walked into a 5 star hotel's morning buffet and immediately started stuffing their faces, shoving scrambled eggs and steaming sausages into their mouths.

"Oh my god, how are these eggs so SOFT?!" moaned Micka.

"I'm in heaven," whispered Noah, his eyes closed and feeling more blessed than other.

“Did you two starve yourselves?” asked a voice.

Astrid sat at their table, watching them wolf down their breakfast.

“Yo, pass me the salt,” said Micka with his mouth full. Astrid narrowed her eyes and he blinked blankly. "Why are you glaring at me like that?"

"I'm hoping that you'll spontaneously combust," she grumbled, handing him the salt shaker. She then shifted her gaze towards Noah who flinched.

"Please don't make me explode."

She rolled her eyes. "What happened yesterday?”

“Yesterday?”

“Why did you come to class with Aleksei?”

Noah coughed when he heard the name, choking on the sausage that he was eating. He quickly poured himself a cup of juice to help it go down. 

“His name is Aleksei?” asked Noah in a croaky voice.

“No, his name is Obama," snorted Astrid. "Of course it's Aleksei!"

"As in Aleksei Griffon? Aleksei the duck?"

Micka couldn't help but laugh. Astrid ignored him.

"He's even worse than Nyx," she mumbled. "But he works as Nyx’s right arm and Roman his left. The three of them are the most dangerous ones out there."

"I thought Nyx was the leader?" Said Micka.

"He is."

"So why does Aleksei and Roman work for him and not with him?"

Astrid didn't have time to explain their entire history, so she said,
“Long story short, the three of them are from royal blood. They aren't gang leaders, they're kings. And each ruler owns their own territory. Right now, we're on Aleksei's land. Well, no, we're on Nyx's land now. Aleksei handed his throne to Nyx centuries ago."

"Why did he do that?" Asked Noah.

"I don't know, I still haven't found out. Whatever the reason, I'm glad that he did."

"Why?"

The expression on Astrid's face darkened. "Because when he was ruler, there was nothing but chaos. I've scrapped up old books and scrolls from a long time ago. The number of humans who have been mysteriously kidnapped, murdered and injured were at its peak. All of it on Aleksei's land," she muttered. "He's probably the worst one out of the three. He's not a vampire, he a cold-blooded murderer."