25

My father's mother, Malika  Rodriguez is one of the best people on this earth and I absolutely love her. Throughout the years she has really aged and she doesn't have that much energy anymore but she is still the best grandmother you could wish for.
My dad bought her her own little house not too far away from where we live wich gives us the opportunity to see her more often. She has decided to take care of me while her son is in jail. She is a strong woman but even her I see cry sometimes, because well her son is in jail. She doesn't show me how worried she is about him, but I still see through her smile.

'What do you want for breakfast Angelique', she asks me with her soft voice. I smile at her nickname for me. My real name is also Angel but somehow she always calls me Angelique. She says it's because her sister's name was Angelique and I remind her of her passed away sister.

'Just a coffee please.'
She furrows her eyebrows.
'You only drink coffee these last days.'

She is right, I bearly eat these last days. My appetite is almost gone. I have no need in food. It's as if I have gone completely numb and nothing makes me happy anymore. It's sad but the truth but I can't tell my grandma that, she will be even more worried.
'Just trying to lose a little bit of weight', I smile at her.
'And I'm also late for school', I add.

After a week of skipping school, I have finally decided I should go back. It is a good day, the weather is perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. So why wouldn't I go ? People are going to judge anyways. I will see River eventually and I shouldn't let that affect me.

Talking about River, I have found some interesting things about him in my dad's office. I have been lookinv in my dad's office a lot this week as I was the whole week at home. He has a lot of documents about the state of his sister. I have heard that she has gone crazy. At least that is what people say. Amara told me about her once but I really didn't care back then. But things are much worse then just 'crazy'. I have read enough to know that she is really mentally unstable.

When my mother was still alive, she worked as a doctor in one of the clinics her dad owned. After she married my dad and her own father got older, she took over the clinics. Obviously she wanted me to later take over. But when she died, my dad automatically became the boss while I'm not eighteen yet. One of those clinics is an hour ride from here. It is a more special clinic for teenagers who have serious mentall illnesses and deal with depression, suicidal behavior and thoughts and so on.

When I was looking into my dad's office to find any type of information about River. I saw other documents on his sister, Sophia West. She is two years older then River. She has been in that center for over four years now, almost five even. Most of the patients stay from one to three years.

All the other documents I found on River and his sister I have all brought them to my room to analyse. I have thought about everything. My mind has formed this kind of plan. Everything in this story between my dad and River makes sense but one thing.

That one thing is something that River has against my father because River literally got nothing out of the fact that my dad is in jail. No one even knows it was him that turned my dad in. It means he really hates my dad to do something like that. I have no idea what that is but when I found out, I'm going to make him hurt just as much as I did.