Fourteen

Shi Xiao Xi smiled and nodded, "I've been good. How about you? I've seen you appear on the news from time to time."

The two of them discussed various topics under the weather, including Shi Xiao Xi's new job as a secretary at the Chunlan group company. Mr. Han expressed his congratulations and told her that she would do an excellent job.

Shi Xiao Xi thought of the abundance of knowledge she had gained from Ai Wei's memories and nodded without any arrogance, "I think so too."

The two of them tried to include Miss Wen into the conversation, but the woman continuously ignored their attempts. She checked her phone several times before suddenly exclaiming, "Ah, he's going to come!"

Shi Xiao Xi and Mr. Han both turned their heads towards her. Who did she say was going to come?

Their question was soon answered. A hush fell over the restaurant, changing the atmosphere. The air became tense and excited.

With curiosity, Shi Xiao Xi looked up just in time to see him come in.

She wasn't the only one who was staring at him. Every eye in the restaurant—male and female—was on him. He was tall and handsome, his black suit tailored perfectly to his trim and athletic body. His black hair had been slightly tousled by the cold evening breeze outside, his penetrating eyes semi-screened by lush black lashes above high cheekbones.

He had a magnetism that couldn't be denied, an attraction that pulled people in.

Shi Xiao Xi realized that the word she was looking for was 'charismatic.' Lin Zhicheng had an abundance of it, and this was also one of the reasons why Coeval was so successful.

"Mr. Lin!" Miss Wen stood up looking flustered, hastily fixing her tight dress. She enthusiastically waved at him.

Lin Zhicheng swept a glance over the three of them. He took his seat beside Mr. Han, which put him and Shi Xiao Xi face to face. With him there, the previously spacious table became cramped. It wasn't so much that he occupied a lot of space as the fact that his sense of presence was too stifling.

Shi Xiao Xi forced her lips to curve up, "CEO Lin, good evening."

Lin Zhicheng looked at her. The woman in front of him was dressed simply and only had light make-up. But her skin was snowy-white and smooth, her eyes large and bright, and her lips had a tinge of pink. He still hadn't fully looked to his satisfaction when the woman next to her pushed her, in an attempt for Shi Xiao Xi to stand up.

"Let's switch seats," Miss Wen said, fluttering her eyelashes at Lin Zhicheng.

His forehead creased. The two women stood side by side, highlighting the difference between them. They were both beautiful, but their type of beauty was different. Lin Zhicheng liked the quiet beauty more.

Shi Xiao Xi nodded and was about to reclaim Miss Wen's former seat when a low voice said, "Wait."

The owner of that voice was Lin Zhicheng.

He turned to Miss Wen and bluntly asked, "Who're you?"

It was said in the same tone that Miss Wen used on Shi Xiao Xi earlier, icy cold with no attempt on hiding his contempt.

Shi Xiao Xi was speechless. You can't even remember the woman you shared your bed with?

Mr. Han said, "CEO Lin, she's Miss Wen."

Lin Zhicheng's expression was still blank.

Mr. Han coughed and added, "Your current girlfriend."

His expression cleared up. However, Lin Zhicheng looked Miss Wen up and down and said, "She must have plastic surgery, I don't recognize her. Give her the compensation that she's due and make her leave."

Miss Wen, "..."

Didn't the two of them just roll between the sheets last night? How could she have done plastic surgery on her face so quickly?

Shi Xiao Xi was also speechless. She thought she had more hospitality inviting unwelcome guests to her house than Lin Zhicheng treated his former lovers.

Miss Wen immediately widened her eyes and pushed her lower lip into a pout, saying coquettishly, "Mr. Lin, you don't want me anymore?"

Lin Zhicheng said directly, "Yes, I don't want you anymore. I want to eat and you're ruining my appetite, so hurry up and quickly leave."

Miss Wen's pitiful appearance collapsed. Being rejected so bluntly, she couldn't find any words to say and stood there like a frozen statue.

Mr. Han took pity and knowing his boss, he would sink into a bad temper if any annoyances continued to bother him. He stood up and hurriedly escorted Miss Wen out of the door before she could gather her senses and create a scene inside the restaurant.

Lin Zhicheng leaned back on his seat and silently observed Shi Xiao Xi. The more he looked, the more he liked her. She was like a dodder flower, obedient and peaceful, making him feel at ease.

His magnetic voice broke the quiet atmosphere.

"What's your name?"

Shi Xiao Xi lowered her head and focused on eating, since if her mouth was full, she couldn't be expected to answer. She really didn't want to have any further interactions with him.

Lin Zhicheng frowned in displeasure. He didn't like that she was ignoring him. He grabbed the hand that was holding her chopsticks and fixed his gaze on her face.

"What's your name?" he repeated. He noticed that her lips had slightly parted in surprise.

Shi Xiao Xi straightened her back and waited until she swallowed the food inside her mouth. Lin Zhicheng waited with her, his hand still holding her wrist. She even drank a mouthful of water using her other hand, her expression appearing very tranquil.

"Shi Xiao Xi," she said at last.

"Shi Xiao Xi?" His closed his eyes for a second and then opened them, "Han's ex-girlfriend, that Shi Xiao Xi?"

He had remembered her name only because she called him so rudely over the phone only a few days ago. He didn't think that this quiet beauty in front of him and the woman that called his name so rudely was one and the same.

Shi Xiao Xi looked at him blankly.

Ah? What's wrong with this man's brain?

How did she become Mr. Han's ex-girlfriend?