Merchant

"I'm telling you guys, I'm sure of it. The painting at the auction house, Dad is looking down. Painting here, Dad's looking out. The painting has changed, guys." Sam said to us as we sit at the table back at the motel. "All right, so you think that Daddy dearest is trapped in the painting and is handing out Columbian neckties like he did with his family?" Dean asked him. "Well yeah, it seems like it." Sam replied.

"But if his bones are already dusted then, how are we gonna stop him?" I asked them, confused. "All right, well, if Isaiah's position changed then maybe some other things in the painting changed as well. You know it could give us some clues." Dean said, shrugging.

"What, like a Da Vinci Code deal?" Sam asked and Dean gives him a blank look. "I don't....know. uhh...I'm still waiting for the movie on that one. Anyway, we gotta get back in and see that painting." Dean said as he rises and moves across to the bed, throwing himself onto his back and crossing his arms.

"Which is a good thing cause you can get some more time to crush on your girlfriend." Dean said to Sam. "Dude. Enough already." Sam said, exasperated.

"What?" Dean said, confused. "What? Ever since we got here, you been trying to pimp me out to Sarah. Just back off, all right?" Sam yells as I look back and forth between them.

"Well, you like her don't you?" I asked Sam. He raises his arms and eyes to the ceiling. "All right, you like her, she likes you, you're both consenting adults..." Dean said and Sam glares at him. "What's the point, guys? We'll just leave. We always leave." Sam said, his voice rising and frustrated.

"Well I'm not talking about marriage, Sam." Dean said and Sam becomes agitated. "You know, I don't get it. What do you care if I hook up?" He asked and Dean looks over at him. "Cause then maybe you wouldn't be so cranky all the time." Dean said, calmly. Sam stares at him, then huffs out a breath and looks away.

"You know, seriously Sam, this isn't about just hooking up, okay? I mean, I, I think that this Sarah girl could be good for you." Dean said as he sits up and I nod in agreement. Sam sighs and scratches his head while we watch him closely. "And...I don't mean any disrespect but I'm sure this is about Jessica, right? Now I don't know what it's like to lose somebody like that....but...I would think that she would want you to be happy." Dean said to him while Sam stays quiet, tears in his eyes.

"God forbid have fun once in a while. Wouldn't she?" I asked him, softly. "Yeah I know she would." Sam said and he gives us a half smile then sighs heavily. "Yeah you're right. Part of this is about Jessica. But not the main part." Sam said.

"What's it about?" Dean asked him but Sam stays silent. "Yeah all right." Dean said as he lies back again and crosses his arms. "Well we still gotta see that painting, which means you still gotta call Sarah, so..." I said and Sam picks up his phone and clears his throat. Dean shakes his head and closes his eyes, settling in, while I sit on the edge of the other bed.

"Sarah, hey, it's Sam." Sam said, awkwardly. "Hey, hi. Good. Good, yeah. Umm. What about you?" He asked and I chuckled under my breath. "Yeah good, good, really good." Sam repeats. "Smooth..." Dean whispers and I chuckle again while Sam glares over at us 

"So, ah, so listen. My brother, (y/n) and I...we were...uh...thinking that maybe we'd like to come back in and look at the painting again. I..." Sam said as Dean once more shakes his head and closes his eyes. "I think maybe we are interested in buying it." Sam said but then his face changes. "What!?" He asked, shocked. This makes Dean and I snap into attention.

"Who'd you sell it to?" Sam asked as he rises up. "Sarah I need an address right now." Sam said, urgently.

We roar up to the house and we jump out. Sarah appears from the car waiting in the driveway. "Sam, what's happening?" She asked him, frantically. "I told you, you shouldn't have come." Sam said to her as he runs past her, Dean and I join him as we run up the stairs to the front porch. Dean starts banging on the door.