Chapter 2

This man whoever he is has the widest and the most charming smile I have ever seen!

"May I?" he asked as he stood near me.

"Hmm" was all I could say.

They made me sit on a chair and he sat down in front of me to put the garter on my leg.

He looked at me with his magnificent eyes. He had French beard which made him look manly. Or else he would look like a boy next door. He also had a bulging forehead vein which was easily noticeable.

God! Even his eyelashes are beautiful!

"Vance! Vance! Vance!" all his friends were howling in order to encourage him.

So his name is Vance.

"I am Ana." I said.

"I know." He replied.

"You do?" I asked him astonished as my eyes grew bigger in shock.

He gave a charming smile which was heartwarming.

He put the garter around my leg and got up.

I couldn't help but notice his lean yet beautiful arms. They had visible veins running from his arm to the back of his palm.

Everyone clapped and cheered.

Suddenly, I felt that the boring environment was cheerful and amazing now.

I blushed.

Damn! This is so awkward.

I silently made my way through the crowd and went to the hallway.

Once I reached hallway, I saw that no one was there. I lifted my peach gown and ran on my heels to the restroom.

I was panting! As I saw myself in the mirror, I realized I looked pinkish.

A smile creeped on my lips as I blushed hard.

I had no idea why I behaved like a teenager.

While I was having a happy moment staring at my happy self, due to the encounter, Elza opened the door of the restroom and eyed me suspiciously.

"What?" I blurted out annoyingly

Why can't she just leave me alone?

"It's about Vance right?" she asked.

"I guess you have some misunderstanding." I lied.

"Well it better be my misunderstanding." she said with a smirk.

Can I just smack her face?

"Ahan." I said sarcastically.

"Vance is one of the most eligible bachelors! Not to mention that he graduated from Harvard a few years ago where ant brain people like you could not even graduate in your dreams!" she said as she continued to smirk.

I felt like a cold ice water was splashed all over my body bringing me back to the reality.

She turned to leave but turned back and faced me again.

"Oh yeah! He had his own startup which is now very successful in the industry now. His per month earnings would be ATLEAST ten times of your actual salary."

I looked down at my toe nails which were painted red and seemed more interesting than Elza's shitty talk.

"He is too good for you Ana. So don't even think about him in your dreams! Actually you can't afford him in your dreams as well." she started laughing.

"Are you embarrassed? Talk something!", she said provoking me.

"I didn't bend my head because I was embarrassed, I was just admiring my beautiful manicured feet which seemed more interesting that your talk! Coming to the income part of it, I just started working a week ago."

Her eye balls popped out.

I brushed my right shoulder against her left shoulder and went out of the restroom.

I returned to my home with a heavy heart which was filled with Vance!

By the way, how did he know my name?

Duh! He is from Harvard and a businessman. I thought people like him would be boring and lifeless, but he proved me wrong!

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all so much <3 XOXO