All - A night to remember

A loud knocking on the door was heard followed by the doorbell and even more knocking. "Oh, that's an impatient one," I muttered but did not look up from my list. "Sherlock!" I shouted. No reply. I tried it, again and again, no reply. I let out a loud sigh and walked over to the couch where Sherlock was lying. I shook him roughly. "Wake up, you idiot," I said. "What is it?" Two puzzled blue eyes studied my face. "Get the door." I commanded. Sherlock rolled his eyes. "So you wake me just to kindly ask me to open the door? You're perfectly able to get the door yourself, John." Then the detective got up and walked over to the door anyway, moving slowly, strolling like a zombie. More knocking was heard until Sherlock finally opened the door.

"Mycroft?" I heard Sherlock ask and I picked a box on my list. "Great, let him come it!" I called out. Soon Mycroft was standing in the living room with a handful of balloons in his hands. "Have you got any idea how stupid I felt walking around London with these?" He asked as a greeting to me. "Hello to you too." I said and inspected the balloons. "And I think a man in suit with balloons is perfectly normal, Mycroft, so quit your whining. Ah, they look good." I took the balloons and handed a couple to Mrs. Hudson who was already busy with the pennant flags.

Sherlock looked around the room. "John, did you clean up?" I nodded. "Yep, you should have done so, but you slept. So now you can get the cake." Mycroft looked up. "Cake?"

"Here it is!" Molly walked in with a great cake in her hands. "Ah, perfect!" I said happily and kissed Molly on her cheek as a greeting before taking the cake to the kitchen and picking the box with Molly's name. Lestrade's box was soon picked to. He looked at the list. "Moriarty? Are you sure you want him around? I will need to arrest him, you know..." I shook my head. "Leave him be, Greg. I want him to be here." The bell rang. "Ah, there he is!" Only a couple more and everyone would be here.

Your P.O.V.

I walked into the living room and was greeted by a loud "surprise!" -shout. I put my hand on my heart and breathed fast. "You scared me!" I said and looked at the folk in 221B. "A surprise party? For me?"

John nodded. "Yup! Surprise!" he shouted again.  I looked around the room. Molly and Mrs. Hudson cut a big piece of a delicious-looking cake for me as I watched Greg coming over to me and placing a goofy-looking celebration hat on my head. Moriarty smirked and left his place next to his friend Jasper to put one hand on my shoulder. "Looks good on you." He joked and pulled the hat up and let the rubber bands do the rest. "Ow!" I said and smiled as Moriarty laughed heartily.

Mycroft was there too, commanding Sherlock, who was dressed in his charming sheet, to get properly dressed, saying that it wasn't suited for a party. John ignored the two fighting brothers and handed me a drink. "Do you like the decorations?" he asked me. Sherlock rushed over to me. "You probably do, I decorated it." The detective smiled warmly at me. "No you didn't!" Protested John and pushed Sherlock away.

There was one more person in the room. She walked over to me and hugged me, careful not to push the glass out of my hand. "I'm going to miss you..." She whispered. She spoke with an odd accent. "Miss me?" I asked her when she stopped hugging me. "But I'm not going anywhere..." The woman smiled kindly. "No, but I am." A single tear ran down her cheek. "We've had quite a good time together, didn't we? But all good things must once come to an end. And for me, unfortunately, that moment is now..."

She walked to the middle of the room and asked for attention. "Thank you." She said when she received attention. "I just wanted to thank all of you for your kindness and support over the past period of time. We have accomplished a lot and I've had so much fun with all of you. But now I must leave you. I truly don't want to – goodbyes are always so bittersweet – but I have to. So here's to all of you! Here's to all we've done and here's to our shared love for the same people! Proost!"

She drank until her cup was empty and then made her way to the door, hugging me one last time. "I wish you a lot of love and happiness with your darling. Take good care of him: he needs you." Then she gave me one last smile and walked away, closing the door behind her. The door produced a soft clicking sound.

***

A/N

Hey there! An odd chapter, isn't it? Sorry if you're confused now. Maybe you've already caught the hint. I'm stopping with this book. Usually, I hate it when writers stop with books, but I guess I'm now one of them. I hope you won't hate me for it.

Naturally, you've noticed I've been extremely slow to upload new chapters lately. I've been busy with school, exams and work. Too busy, maybe. I have almost no time to sit down and rest, let alone to watch a film or episode so now and then. Let alone to write new things. Also, one chapter is not just written like that. Like I said in a previous author's note chapter, I write it, read it, reread it with my sister for a grammar check and then publish it. All of that takes a lot of time. Time I sadly don't often have.

Furthermore, I don't have that many ideas anymore. Sherlock isn't making new episodes so I'm not getting any new inspiration. Though I still love – and always will love – the Sherlock fandom, I have moved on to other fandoms that keep inspiring me to write.

So I won't stop writing. Never! Writing is a great passion of mine. I'll just stop this book and continue this passion for other fandoms. So if you like my writing style and want to continue reading stuff I write, I'll be starting a LOTR-book or a Elder Scrolls-Skyrim/Oblivion-book, or something Anime-related. Just maybe not anytime soon. But if you're in to that and you don't mind to wait, keep an eye open for me! 😉

I want to thank you for all your support and love! For all the nice comments and votes! For the time you spend reading and the chance you gave me as a writer and for the book we made together. It has been amazing and I'm honoured to have you all reading this. I wish you all a lot of luck and joy!

Or, like Jason Mraz said: "May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows!"

I love y'all, thank you, goodbye or maybe "see you next time in a new book!", but for now, one last time...

"Catch you later!"

-your thankful friend, MS