Chapter 35

Apologies if nobody got a notification for chapter 34. Wattpad seems to be having 'a moment'. Please let me know if you get a notification for this chapter, and chapter 36!

- Sian :)

Pip quickly changed from his pastel blue work t-shirt. His shift had been dull, and he had to spend a lot of his time in the storeroom or washing dishes because nobody else entered the café. There was no point of him being there, but Debra knew he needed the money.

Pip was hyper-aware of Krey's eyes on him whenever he walked back to the tables. If Pip were in view, Krey would watch whatever he did. Pip wondered if that was a mate thing.

He had spent the past day thinking about the mate thing. A small part of him felt a little strange when he thought about Krey obsessing over him. A large part of Pip screamed with happiness.

Pip felt special again.

After so many years of feeling like he had to tackle the world alone, Krey had come to share the fight.

Yes, Pip was still struggling with the fact that werewolves were real, and that his knowledge of what existed in the world had expanded. Though, Pip realised how lucky he was to know such a secret.

His life finally had purpose.

Pip wore his yellow coat and his burgundy hat, gloves and scarf. He pulled his bag over his shoulders and walked back to the tables.

Krey's eyes found Pip immediately, and sparks shot down Pip's spine. Krey didn't look so angry anymore. His eyes were back to their usual intensity, looking Pip up and down.

"My aunt and uncle are home, but I can ask if you can come in," Pip said, pursing his lips and rolling back and forth on his feet.

Krey slid from the booth. When he stood, he towered over Pip. Instead of shoving hands into his pockets, Krey slid his hand into Pip's hand.

Pip wore gloves, but he still felt the heat of Krey's skin through the wool.

As they walked from the café and down the street, Pip asked, "Is that why you're so warm all the time, because you're- you know."

Krey nodded. "That was one of the clues I tried dropping. I didn't do a good job."

"I think if I didn't see what I saw in the woods, I might have suspected something eventually." As they arrived outside Pip's home, Pip told Krey to wait outside while he asked whoever he could find first if Krey could come inside.

Pip hurried down the corridor, past the stairs and found his uncle Bert in the kitchen. Pip hoped to see his aunt Joanna because she was a little less bitter towards him.

"Hey," Pip said with a smile. His uncle looked up from the newspaper and gave Pip a distasteful stare, then continued reading. "Um, I-I have a friend outside. Can he come in for a bit? W-We'll just be in my bedroom. We'll be quiet. You won't even know he's there."

His uncle adjusted on the seat. The light above beamed against his bald head. "No."

Pip paused. "B-But uncle, I never have friends round-"

"I said no, Pippor!" Bert snapped.

Pip cringed, knowing Krey would have heard from the front door that was left open. Pip then remembered when Krey said he had supernatural senses, which included his hearing, so he could probably hear everything anyway.

"What's going on!" His aunt came in from the garden after having her evening smoke.

"Pippor here doesn't understand the word no."