Dead Man's Blood

"Well guys. Not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What've you got?" Dean asked us after he folds up the newspaper while we sit at a diner. "Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here. A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived." Sam said. "Sounds more like 'That's Incredible' than 'Twilight Zone'." I said. "Yeah." Sam said while Dean smirks.

"Hey you know we could just keep heading east. New York. Upstate. We could drop by and see Sarah again. Huh? Cool chick man, smokin'." Dean said then he whistles. "You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?" He asked. "Yeah, I dunno, maybe someday. But in the meantime we got a lot of work to do, Dean, and you know that." Sam said to him.  Yeah, all right. What else you got?" Dean asked.

"Ahh, man in Colorado, local man named Daniel Elkins, was found mauled in his home." Sam said and my head shot up as I look over at Sam. "Daniel Elkins is dead?!" I asked, shocked, and the boys look at me. "You know him?" Sam asked and I nodded. "Yeah, he is...or was...a hunter. He taught not only my dad but John as well." I said as I look down then back at Sam.

"W-What happened to him?" I asked and Sam looks back at his laptop. "Well...Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack and now, they've found some signs of robbery." Sam replied and I start to get up. "Well, let's go then." I said and the boys follow me and we head to the Impala.

After driving through the snow-capped mountains, we come up to this cabin and run up to the door. Sam starts to lock pick the door and opens it while Dean and I hold up a flashlight. Inside, it looked like a fight broke out as things were thrown across the floor and things were knocked down as well.

"Looks like the maid didn't come today." Dean jokes as I look down at the door and see a familiar white substance. "Hey, there's salt over here. Right beside the door." I pointed out to them and Sam looks it over as well. "You mean protection against demon salt, or oops I spilled the popcorn salt?" Dean asked.

"Oh ha, ha." I said, sarcastically. "It's clearly a ring." Sam said as we go over to Dean and see him flipping through a journal. "That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's." Sam said. "Yep, except this dates back to the 60s." Dean said.

Seconds later, we move into the other room and shine our flashlights around the destruction, including up at the hole in the roof. 

"Whatever attacked him, it looks like there was more than one." Sam said. "Looks like he put up a hell of a fight too." I said, sadly, as I look around. "Yeah." Sam said as he gives me a worried look. I look at him and nodded at him as if to tell him that I'm okay and we continued to look around.

Dean crouches to get a closer look at the floor. "You got something?" I asked him. "I dunno. Some scratches on the floor." Dean said. "Death throes maybe?" Sam said, shrugging. "Yeah, maybe." Dean said as he grabs a page from a notebook, places it over the marks and rubs a pencil lead over it to get an outline. "Or maybe a message." He said.

Dean peels up the paper then he hands the paper to us. "Look familiar?" He asked us. "Three letters, six digits. The location and combination of a post office box. It's a mail drop." Sam said. "Just the way Dad does it." Dean said

After going to the post office and getting a letter, we sit in the Impala and look at the envelope. "J.W. You think? John Winchester?" Sam asked us. "I don't know. Should we open it?" Dean asked when there was a knock on his window.

Dean gasps, rears back, and automatically raises his arm, fist clenched, while Sam and I jumped to look out the window. It was John Winchester. When John sees he had shocked us, he smiles.