Chapter 12: He's dangerous

A/N: 14.03.20

Hey guys! So a lot of countries are in quarantine because of the coronavirus. I know it's all over the news and that some of you are tired of hearing about it, but I hope everyone stays safe and healthy. Take care of yourselves and the people around you xx

Here's this week's update. Chapter 14 will be published on Patreon in an hour. Enjoy xx

P.s: I changed the book cover. What so you guys think?

Warning:at the end of the chapter are some pictures of how I imagine Astrid. Please skip if you prefer keeping your imagination.

🍒🍒🍒

The first two days of their assignment went exactly as Noah had expected. He had gotten absolutely no information from Aleksei who continued to ignore him, only addressing him when he needed the baby, as Noah quotes, to “Shut up”.

On the third day, Astrid advised that he change tactics. So he did. He attempted asking Roman some questions, but despite his kindness, Roman was cunning and sly, dodging every dangerous topic. He ended up reversing the roles, asking more about Noah. By the end of the day, Roman managed to get Noah’s entire life biography. 

In the afternoon, they had culinary class. Noah knew that he was running out of time, and told himself that he'd try again with Aleksei. They entered the classroon that had multiple metal counters with sinks, and rows of cabinets full of kitchen supplies. It looked like a medieval version of a restaurant kitchen: less shiny and metallic, and darker with more wood. 

“We’re going to bake cupcakes today,” said Mrs. Pie. “Please partner-up with your husband or wife, we will be working in pairs today.”

Noah went to Aleksei's table and greeted him with a small smile that he ignored. Mrs. Pie started to explain everything and gave the normal safety protocol. There was a piece of paper with all of the ingredients and steps, and it was the student’s job to work as a team and back the cupcakes correctly.

Or make them edible at the very least.

After everyone washed their hands, the classroom filled with chatter, everyone getting along with one another. 

Almost everyone anyway. 

Aleksei stood on the other end of the counter at least a meter away from Noah who couldn't help but frown at the distance. He noticed that Aleksei wasn't wearing an apron and quietly went to the storage room to get one for him. But the only one he could find was a pink apron with strawberry patterns with the words, "You're berry special!" In the middle.

Noah searched the entire closet, but it was the last one left. Hesitant, he returned to Aleksei who was measuring the flour.

"Here, you should put this on," said Noah, handing him the apron. Aleksei glared at the "You're berry special!" And cocked an unimpressed brow.

"It was the last one," explained Noah sheepishly, but Aleksei didn't flinch. "If you don't like this one, I can always give you mine."

But Aleksei didn't like the idea of having to wear something that smelt of Noah. "My hands are covered in flour. I'll do it later."

Later? You mean never.

"You're going to dirty your uniform," frowned Noah.

"I won't."

But Noah didn't believe Aleksei and took a step closer towards him, stepping on his tiptoes to get the top over his head. Alekei's eyes widened at how close Noah was standing to him, feeling an eccentric spark flicker inside him. He held his breath so he couldn't smell Noah, but he could still see the innocent, bright greenery ringed around Noah's pupils.