Crack

Third POV

Amity Coliseum

Port: Hello! It seems that we have another astonishing bout ahead of us! Wouldn't you agree, Professor?

Oobleck: (annoyed) Doctor. (brightens up excitedly again) And yes Peter, I think it's safe to say this match may be the closest we've seen of the four-on-four round of the tournament!

Port: For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival tournament broadcast live from the Amity Coliseum! (he waves his arm to gesture at the entire event from his place on the gigantic screen over the crowds)

The Coliseum is shown in its full glory, as shuttle craft transport people to and from the various floors while the entire structure hovers around the airspace of Beacon Academy. Explosions are seen throughout the battlefield, but the view shifts back to the announcers as they begin speaking again.

Port: If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules.

Oobleck: The tournament is divided into three distinctive rounds; teams, doubles, and singles. Age and school year are irrelevant! In this tournament, your only attribute being tested... is skill.

Port:Correct! The winners of this battle will elect two of their members to represent them in the doubles round, followed by the winners of that round choosing one member to advance once again. The remaining combatants will then fight their way through the final bracket in the hope of achieving victory for their kingdom!

Oobleck: And yes, Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on! I don't think anyone tuning in around the world is going to disagree with me on that

Port: Ahh, and why would they? Now, let's get back to the match between Team RWBY of Beacon, and Team ABRN, of Haven

Y/N walked towards lightning who's leaning on the wall, observing the match with serious face. He then lean on the wall besides her and fold his arm.

Y/N: enjoying the show?

She looked at him for a moment before returning her gaze upon the match.

Lightning: your little friends seems to show some promise.

Y/N: (chuckle) yes they're.

Lightning: still, we shouldn't waste our energy playing such stupid match, we should be out there, hunting down Salem and her goons!

Y/N: (sigh) I also thought about the same thing, but currently we held no power here. I already talked to Ozpin, he said that without the cooperation with other kingdoms that thing is impossible to achieve.

He walked a few steps away.

Y/N: best thing we can do is defend and face anything Salem throws at us.

He smiles when he sees Blake whips a screaming Yang around.

Lightning: and that's it?? You decided just to listen to that old man???

Y/N: even if I want to action where should we start? Blindly kill every grimm that stand in our way?

Lightning: tsch, you used to be a fearless warrior, I respect you.... But now...

Y/N: ....

He turns around and looked at lightning who's unsheathing her sword and ready her shield.