~Chapter 10~

"The canon is open! This is our chance!" Finn states.

     "Concentrate all fire on the speeders!" Ren demands.

     "Concentrate all fire on the speeders!" Hux repeats quickly and Ren looks at him with an annoyed face.

     At-At's keep shooting at the speeders and three were shot down.

     "We're taking heavy losses" a man declares back inside the base. Y/N is with General Organa and C3-PO, watching the fight outside and listening to the radio calls. Y/N is deeply worried for Poe and the others as she cradles the small crystal critter, still in her arms. CB is shaking her head and making sad beeps.

     Another speeder is shot down right next to Poe and he looks everywhere around him as two more get shot down.

     "They're picking us all off, we're not gonna make it," Poe announces.

     "Alright, making my final approach! Guns are hot," Finn declares.

     "No! Pull off!" Poe shakes his head in disapproval.

     "What?!" Finn shouts.

     "The canon is charged! It's a suicide run!" Poe shouts back. Rose is as worried as Y/N back in the base.

     "All speeders pull away!" Poe demands.

     "No! I'm almost there!" Finn argues.  

     "Retreat Finn! That's an order!" Poe exclaims and the remaining three speeders pull off. Finn, the fourth speeder, is still making his way to the canon, ignoring Poe's orders. He presses more buttons and the hatch around him closes.

     "Finn! It's too late don't do this!" Rose pleads.

     "No! I won't let them win!" Finn shouts.

     Rose looks back at her friend and shouts back, "No! Finn! Listen to Poe! We have to retre-" Finn cuts off their communication and Rose stops. She looks back at Finn and the cannon warms up, the yellow glow aiming at the large door.

     Time slows down as the crystal critters inside move back slowly from the door as it turns an orange-like color. Leia, Y/N, C3-PO, and all the other people inside look up as the ground rumbles from the impact of the cannon. Finn is dead center in the cannon as it warms up and prepares to blast the door. The sides of his speeder start to break apart from the heat of the cannon.

     Finn disengages the mono-ski and flies in the middle of the cannon. You can see the sweat forming on his face from the heat of the cannon ahead of him. He's inching closer to the weapon and he closes his eyes, waiting for the impact. A sudden blast is heard and Rose pulls up to his side, trying to rescue him from his warrior-like death.

     The two crash to the side of the orange beam while Poe slides off the terrain and into the small crevasse.

     "Go! Go! Go! Move!" He shouts and looks back to the crash and then runs back inside with the remaining fighters

     Finn grunts as he takes apart the speeder and escapes it. He quickly runs over to Rose's crash sight and yells out her name.

     "Rose! Why would you do that? Huh? Why did you stop me? I was almost there," Finn asks as he starts to unwrap the seat belt and headset from Rose's weak body. Rose slowly wakes up.

     "I saved you... dummy," Rose laughs. "We're gonna win, not fighting what we hate... but saving what we love," Rose states. As she says this, Y/N runs up to Poe, hugging him and sharing a kiss as she finds out he's still alive.

     An immediate blast is heard from the cannon and an explosion happens as it opens up the door. Finn looks back at it in an instant and then back to Rose. She leans up to kiss him and Finn is shocked at the peck. Rose blacks out.

     "General Hux... advance. No quarter... no prisoners," Kylo Ren commands.

     "Our distress signal has been received at multiple points. But no response," Connix explains.

     "They've heard us... but no one's coming," Larma announces and the two look back at General Organa. Y/N and Poe listen to their conversation while he has his arm around her. She still grasps the crystal critter.

     "We fought till the end... but the galaxy has lost all its hope. The spark is out..." Leia sighs.

     She slowly raises her head at the sound of footsteps coming from the control room's entrance. Y/N is most in shock hearing the footsteps and then the man. A black figure emerges from the light and walks up to Leia.

     "Luke..." Leia says.