1.2: Peace Sign

Chapter 1

Chapter 1.2: Peace Sign cont...
April & Dave

The next day came as a blur. April and Dave had breakfast in bed, checked on the kids, checked their notifications, showered together, made out a few times, and just lounged around. Right now they were in bed cuddled up talking and resting up a bit.

"You know tour starts next week" Dave said as he lightly stroke up and down her arm.

April sighed. She didn't want him to go but it was his job and how he made his bag. Besides she knew he needed to be out there promoting. "I know it just seems like it came too fast. One day ya in the studio the next ya album is out and now tour"

"Seems like it but we'll be aight. I'm actually excited to see how this tour goes" Dave said and smiled. He had been on plenty of tours but this one was a bit more special. It was the official tour for his album.

"I know and you deserve to be excited. I know how hard you worked on it. Will you at least be home for Thanksgiving? It'll be our first one together and as a family" She asked just hoping he had some time to come home and share this moment with her. If not she understood.

"Can't make you any promises ma but if I can then I'll definitely be there" he replied. Sure he wanted to be there but he had to go get his bag. He had a whole ass family to provide for these day and they just had a baby so he was doing what he had to do. He wasn't banking on her money or the money Chris had been giving her for Charlie. He was the man of the house and he was going to do what he needed to do to make sure his girls and home was straight.

"Heard ju" she said but she knew what it was. She had willingly signed up to be a part of his lifestyle and she knew what came along with it. Besides she didn't want to take this moment away from him. "So how long is tour" she questioned.

"The rest of this month, most of December but I made sure to make time for Christmas, then some time overseas in January but I'll be home for New Years, and I took some time off for us to move in February. Once we're settled and have Lil Butt in school I'm back on the road" he answered. He didn't want to be gone for too long but it had to be done. "That's just the first leg of tour but I'll keep you posted on the rest" he was going to be touring for a while. This would be different than the one he went on for a month.

"Ok" April said but she felt a way. She was really about to be taking care of a new born and a toddler by herself. Sure their parents would be coming over to help her out for a little while but she would still be on her single parent shit. Luckily Chris would be around to help out with Charlie. Either way she knew she'd be ok she'd just have to deal with it and get used to it.

"Don't forget you and the girls can always come out and visit. Everybody will be here if you need them and when we move everyone will be there too so you won't be alone like you think you are" Dave said trying to assure her that everything would be fine but he understood if she felt a way. It was no longer just her, Kairi, and Teddy. It was her, Kairi, a newborn, Teddy, and he knew she was going to have to juggle around. But he also knew she would be fine once she got into the swing of things. He did plan to come home whenever he had enough free time to do so as well. He couldn't just leave her hanging and not be around his kids for that long.