Chapter 15

A/N: You might see that the next chapter is also titled as 'chapter 15'. The reason is that I am editing Aries and I included this chapter later. Hence, the confusion. I am warning you beforehand.

And now... To those who have finished the book or read until chapter 33, please hold your spoilers. You may know who Canis is, but the new readers don't. As I said before, this chapter only has Aries and Lyra content and a sneak peek into the past. Of whom, I will let you guys decide. 

This part dedicated to LunaFruitloops for being an amazing reader and a huge supporter of Aries! Thank you so much, love.

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

Silently, I followed him. He moved through the trees and bushes and walked a path that was not there. He might not be well versed in plants, but the flora bowed to him as he moved past them. Not wanting to give up on that way, I pursued his footsteps.

While it was not a long hike, it was neither short. Amidst the chirping birds and the scudding clouds, there was no need for words. It was like he knew I would follow him and I knew that he would not lead me astray. While to someone this walk might seem pointless, it made me realise how must trust I had in him.

When had it even begun? Was it when he saved me from the heat? Or was it when he visited me again, masking himself in front of Alioth and Miguel? Or was it one of the days here? Wherever it had begun, I decided it was best not to question it.

The sudden frown of the sunlight made me look up. The afternoon sun was tired but it still pulled itself to do the job. The canopy of the forest was not there to protect us, but the shade from the mountain was there to shield us. Had we walked that far?

"Do you know why I brought you here?" He closed his eyes and raised his face toward the sky.

There was something about the sunlight hitting his face in that angle. I wanted my phone, but I had left it in the house. As much as I was not a fan of taking pictures, I believed that some moments were worth capturing in time. Had I been an artist, this would be a picture I would gladly paint but would take weeks to get the perfect shade of his skin, his hair and his eyes on the palate. I could just take the easy route and take a picture but I should be having a camera or a mobile phone at that.

"Lyra?" he called me.

Blushing furiously, I shook my head. "I don't. I don't know why you brought me here."

"It's about what you told," he said, undoing one button.

At that, I averted my gaze. The hidden songbirds were worth finding. And his scent was definitely not helping me.

"About what?" I asked.

"When you were in the dungeon, I asked for the name," he said. "You refused. At that time I thought you were feeling generous. But I never knew that you wanted to be one to kill that male."

I shook my head. "When he threw me in the dungeons, I did not want to do anything with him. It was after he killed my father and Aurelia that I wanted his blood."

He narrowed his eyes and folded his arms, his one finger playing with his lower lip. If I did not know any better, I would think of something else. The sight before me was too much for my heart to handle.

"What is it?" I asked, hoping that it did not reveal the lust that was roaring in me.

He took in a deep breath. "Show me your bloodlust."

I swallowed. "What do you mean by 'show me your bloodlust'?"

"Show me your anger," he said. "Show me that."